What would be a safe timeline to submit documents with Company B for EP transfer?

Hi everyone,

Need help with your expert opinion please!

My EP (Category 1) with my current Company "A" expires on 21st March, 2023. Also, Employer A is already in process of preparing documents for the EP renewal.

Meanwhile, I have already received an offer from Company "B". I have already accepted the offer and Company B has already submitted the application for EP Quota request with MDEC. EP transfer application has not been submitted by Company B yet, since I believe Company B has to first get the quota approved before applying for EP transfer. My date of joining with Company B is stated as 10th of April.

Assuming my last working day with my current Company A is 5th of April (I cannot resign before that due to other terms) and having the challenge of my current EP with Company A expiring on 21st of March-2023, what should my current Company A do to make me stay until 5th of April? Is a Special Pass applicable under this scenario? If yes, I believe by the time I get my Special pass, my EP transfer application by Company B would already be under progress. Will that be an issue?

Also, what would be a safe timeline for me to submit my documents with Company B for EP transfer? I am expecting another offer from Company C soon and would also like to know until when do I have the freedom to decide between Company B and C. (My assumption is, once company B submits the documents for EP renewal, I cannot go back on my decision and choose Company C)

Also, do you see any other risks in this or any other additional feedback?

Regards,

Your follower!

Hello Facekeeper,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

While reading your message I noticed you were talking to a member named Gravitas. It has been 3 years since this member last visited and posted on the forum.

So I have created a new thread with your post on the Malaysia forum to increase your chances of finding information and also to discuss with more active members.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@Cheryl TQVM!!!