Rent a Apartment/Flat in Sofia

I want to live for a period of 3 months in Sofia an wonder if there are any short term Apartments/Flats available.

i travel alot because of work, i am a Norwegian, Male, age: 27 i work in Norway so i will travel to and from work via Airport in Sofia, and wonder what will 600-700 Leva a month get me ?

follow up questions

• is it Easy for English Speakers here ? ( i dont assume i will get alot of Scandinavian speakers)

• Are the pepole of Sofia friendly towards foringers ?

• How fast is it possable to get accommadation?  ( contract for apartment and the apartment )

Hello Asgeir Falkenberg,

Welcome on board !

To find an apartment/flat, I suggest that you drop an advert in the Housing in Sofia section of the website so that you may get some offers.

For the rest, I hope members there will shed the light on your queries.

All the very best

Bhavna

@Bhavna I will try that, Thank you!

@Asgeir Falkenberg

Plenty of short-term apartments available via Booking (dot com) and Airbnb (dot com). But these will be at a nightly rate, which will work out a lot more than 700 leva per month!

700 leva per month is about the lowest price you'll get for long-term (year contract) rentals, for a studio or perhaps 1 bedroom. You can get out of most contracts by giving a month's notice, but you'd likely lose your deposit (and the commission if you rented via an agent).

BulgarianProperties (dot com) is a very large agent mostly oriented around expats with English (and Russian) listings. This is a good site for a bit of research, so you can see what's available at what price.

Sofia is the capital, so it's very expensive. Assuming you're commuting every couple of weeks, rather than every day, you might be able to live a bit further away, where rents might be slightly less. I'd suggest Plovdiv (2nd city and former European Capital of Culture, easy 90 minutes drive on A1 motorway) and Bansko (largest ski resort, 2 hours away). Also, you could consider renting a room rather than a whole apartment.

English is now taught in schools, so more and more Bulgarians have got English as a second language (it's the older generation, from the Soviet Empire days, who had Russian as second language). Government offices are a bit of challenge, and easier with a translator... but otherwise I reckon it's perfectly manageable.

Experiences will vary, but, personally, I find Bulgarians very welcoming.

Good luck!

Hi There,

You are welcome to contact me if you are interested in renting a room and private bathroom.

We can talk, share more info and decide if it would be a good fit.

Lee

Hello Lee,

Thank you for trying to help but for your own safety, it is not advised to share phone numbers on the forum.

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

@Yoginee

Thanks. Should I delete the post?

How to connect with someone?

Lee

Hello Lee,

You can send a private message if you want 1f609.svg

You can try it here: https://www.expat.com/forum/private_mes … 9cc31e0e23

Yoginee

Expat.com team