Information from expats who live in Thessaloniki

@Julien I tried to post a similar message elsewhere on this site and I apologize if it's repetitive. I'm a 72 yo American, fluent in English. I have traveled to Europe, Canada, Mexico and Costa Rica. Around 1980 I started to go to Greece for vacations and I once travelled there on a work sabbatical for several months. However, I have not been to Greece for 27 years because of family and work commitments. I am considering living in Thessaloniki for substantial periods of time after I retire, which I hope to do this year. I have passed the Gov sponsored test in "basic" Greek. I am thinking of Thessaloniki because I have lived in big cities, will not have a car, and like the fact that there is a university there. But I have never been there.

So, I would appreciate information from expats who live or have lived there. I am hoping to live there for a month or so later this year as a "trial run." I hope to be able to do that in the spring or the fall of this year.

Thank you in advance for any information you can share.

Hello mek5050,

Welcome on board !

Please note that I have created a new thread on the Thessaloniki forum from your post so that you can better interact with members here.

I didn't see any other post on the forum.

All the very best,

Bhavna

@Bhavna Thank you very much.  I will access the link in your message.