Your year 2022

Hello everyone,

Every year, our lives are punctuated by events, twists and turns and all sorts of unexpected things. Local and international news has inevitably had an impact on your life and your projects in Hungary in one way or another.

As the year draws to a close, let's share the highlights of 2022.

Tell us, what do you remember about your year?
What was the highlight of your life in Hungary?
On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate your year?

Thank you for your future contribution!

It was like 2020 which was marred by the pandemic.  One could have expected a kind of baseless optimism perhaps based on the symmetry of those numbers. 

I suppose also 2022 had elements of that with all the 2s. 

But it turned out to be bit of a non-event.  Just another year ticking forward.

@Mickael

It's been a ok year compared to 20 and 21.

However many deaths of old friends and family and friends really being ill after the vaccinations in the UK.

Maybe they had bad batches there ?

The garden has never been worse but many of my fruits trees are really old now so time to renew a few things .

It's been great being able to travel more freely too. But I don't think this will last throughout 2023

@Mickael
However many deaths of old friends and family and friends really being ill after the vaccinations in the UK.

-@anns

What complete rubbish!!!

@Mickael

-@anns

What complete rubbish!!!
-@SimCityAT

People probably sick anyway or nothing to do with COVID.   Side effects are incredibly rare with any vaccine and bad batches, don't believe it. 

Deaths you could probably count on one hand.

However, there's a nasty cold cum cough going around at the moment.  Our daughter has it and seems quite bad.  Probably brought it home from school. 

As of this morning, it seems I will have it as well.

It's not COVID - we tested and it's not that.

2022 was an interesting year I have to say, but Covid was not on the top anymore, during the first year of Covid unfortunately some people died (even one very very young (sad)), I do not know about long Covid cases though, but I believe these exist.

For me 2022 highlights were settling in a new country, the war in Ukraine which spills out to everywhere, inflation and getting older (the latter is also sad).

Everywhere developments, the capping of products on Hungary is a really sad thing, Russian but honestly also Ukraines fleeing is sad (difficult in Hungary) but so much influx is in Alanya (incredible), government tries to stop this (effective I have to say).

Personally I am worried on situation on Taiwan/China, but also North Korea.

Bottom line internet is great, but can also swamp you with depressive items.

Still I wish you a very good 2023 without too much of problems.

Chaotic post as usual, sorry for that.

2022 was an interesting year I have to say, but Covid was not on the top anymore, during the first year of Covid unfortunately some people died (even one very very young (sad)), I do not know about long Covid cases though, but I believe these exist.
For me 2022 highlights were settling in a new country, the war in Ukraine which spills out to everywhere, inflation and getting older (the latter is also sad).
Everywhere developments, the capping of products on Hungary is a really sad thing, Russian but honestly also Ukraines fleeing is sad (difficult in Hungary) but so much influx is in Alanya (incredible), government tries to stop this (effective I have to say).
Personally I am worried on situation on Taiwan/China, but also North Korea.

Bottom line internet is great, but can also swamp you with depressive items.
Still I wish you a very good 2023 without too much of problems.

Chaotic post as usual, sorry for that.
-@cdw057

2023 will be just more of the same.   Here's my take:

I cannot see Taiwan and China blowing up.    China has so many internal problems, while Xi could do with the distraction by having a small war, he knows the economy (of China) would be seriously dented and that would be a threat to his hold on power.   He was already in trouble over the COVID policy and had to back down.   China's long term plan of infiltrating 5th columnists and dominating by economic means is going to be more profitable longer term.  Taiwan is a nice enemy to have on the doorstep - they just pull it out when they want.   And also China sees what is happening to Russia over Ukraine.   North Korea has always been a blip and useful adversary to justifying upping military spending.  North Korea would be totally destroyed if it launched a nuclear missile at anyone.

There will be victory by Ukraine over Russia by the end of 2023.   The Allies are sending increasingly sophisticated weaponry to Ukraine.  However, the reluctance to send longer range guided shells/missiles is a mistake and will drag out the conflict.  When the war is lost,  Putin will be liquidated or under house arrest at one of his many dachas until he falls out of a window.   It will take years, even generations, before Russia and its people are no longer pariahs.  There can be no normalisation of relations until Putin has gone. There's even a possibility that Russia could break up.