Negative electric bill

Hello,

Does anyone have experience with negative electric bills by supplier MVM?

I understand negative bills means overpayment and that MVM owes me money.

What I'd like to know is what are the options to get that money back, specifically - the options that do not involve my personal presence?

Each December so far, I'd get a negative bill and a check in the post which I cashed at the post office.

But this year I'm not in Budapest, so I cannot go to the post office.

I suppose my tenants cannot withdraw this money (which is actually theirs).

Can I simply ignore several upcoming bills until the balance acc. to my calculation is zero and then restart paying?

Thank you,

Marko

If I would be you, I would call MVM Customer Service and they will advise what you need to do.

Hello,
Does anyone have experience with negative electric bills by supplier MVM?
I understand negative bills means overpayment and that MVM owes me money.
What I'd like to know is what are the options to get that money back, specifically - the options that do not involve my personal presence?
Each December so far, I'd get a negative bill and a check in the post which I cashed at the post office.
But this year I'm not in Budapest, so I cannot go to the post office.
I suppose my tenants cannot withdraw this money (which is actually theirs).
Can I simply ignore several upcoming bills until the balance acc. to my calculation is zero and then restart paying?
Thank you,
Marko
-@markons

My experience is that MVM always tries to give you the money back via the PO. 

We once tried to pay our electricity bill in advance and they said we'd over paid and insisted on us collecting the overpayment at the PO.

We would also like to rollover any credit but their brains go into short circuit and meltdown in those circumstances. Of course, end of year is when the adjustments are made so even more sparks flying out of their collective heads.

I don't think they can cope with any other system/way of thinking. 

Maybe you could get them to pay into an account, then you can give it back to the tenants.

@fluffy2560

Thanks, fluffy.

I'll certainly have my tenants call MVM to inquire, but I'm afraid they will indeed insist on collecting the money at the post office, which is not an option for me now as I'm abroad.

Perhaps if there's no deadline for this, I can collect the money in a couple of months if this is the only option.

Hungarian bills are driving me up the wall, they truly are. Arriving all month long... there's no peace of mind for more than 5 days at a time and now this - they owe us money and still they manage to turn it into our problem.

We'll see what they say when the tenant calls them.

Thank you

@fluffy2560
Thanks, fluffy.
I'll certainly have my tenants call MVM to inquire, but I'm afraid they will indeed insist on collecting the money at the post office, which is not an option for me now as I'm abroad.
Perhaps if there's no deadline for this, I can collect the money in a couple of months if this is the only option.
Hungarian bills are driving me up the wall, they truly are. Arriving all month long... there's no peace of mind for more than 5 days at a time and now this - they owe us money and still they manage to turn it into our problem.

We'll see what they say when the tenant calls them.

Thank you
-@markons

We have bills every few days for all kinds of things - rubbish, gas, electricity, water, insurances of all kinds etc.   

People here don't know anything.

Even if your tenant is told something on the phone, it could easily be wrong and the tenant could be told something different when physically in their offices.  Happens all the time.

We're old school - we always try and get statements in writing and preferably with a nice rubber stamp.

@markons Well, I live in the U.S. and paying my bills here are so smooth and easy compare to my home town, Budapest.It took me a long time to get used to the slowness, the rudeness, etc. you name it. But what can we do, plus I'm a 100% Hungarian myself so I had the advantage to speak fluently and to try to understand their concepts. Good luck!

Just to add to some puzzling events, we received a very small electricity bill this week for HUF 4000.

We have no idea how they calculated that.  It's never been that small.

We know it's based on a model of a family house, 4 occupants (2 under 18) etc.

But perhaps it's become very accurate or somehow there's a subsidy is kicking in.

@markons

As you don't seem to close shop and move abroad, just leave the amount standing, MVM will use it against subsequent bills. On the next bill you should find an item 'túlfizetés' with a negative amount. If you don't want or need any reimbursement, simply don't cash the cheque, the amount will still be on their database.

A friend of mine always pays for one year ahead, so the big amount fades over time. MVM do calculate correctly.

That you find this always in December likely has to do with an annual official meter reading in November (?) and the required rebalancing of your account if you pay fixed onthly instalments.

@markons
As you don't seem to close shop and move abroad, just leave the amount standing, MVM will use it against subsequent bills. On the next bill you should find an item 'túlfizetés' with a negative amount. If you don't want or need any reimbursement, simply don't cash the cheque, the amount will still be on their database.
A friend of mine always pays for one year ahead, so the big amount fades over time. MVM do calculate correctly.
That you find this always in December likely has to do with an annual official meter reading in November (?) and the required rebalancing of your account if you pay fixed onthly instalments.
-@jurgen_in_bp

When we overpaid, they were falling over themselves trying to pay us back.   They sent the overpayment back via the Posta.  It was stupid as we paid too much deliberately.  They had no mechanism to pay a long way in advance.