Does renewing passport need to be communicated to the authorities?

Hello,

I got my passport renewed a few weeks ago as my old passport is expiring next June. Should I communicate my new passport details to any Belgian authorities?

thanks

Hello,

no, nobody care about that, they'll immediately know once you cross the border to an international flight / internal flight if you're not EU.

It's just a "new" valid document to proof that you're yourself, they don't need it as long as you've a resident permit which has higher value to the local administration.

No, there is no need. as Alex said, all your data in Belgium is associated to your national number.

@AlexFromBelgium

hi,

my fiance applied for a visa in June and as parts of the documents he had to add my eID. my card EU however was going to expire this month in October. I renewed few weeks ago  at the commune and i have received my new EU card now. Does my fiance have to contact the immigration office  and inform them  of the renewal of the card?

@AlexFromBelgium
hi,

my fiance applied for a visa in June and as parts of the documents he had to add my eID. my card EU however was going to expire this month in October. I renewed few weeks ago  at the commune and i have received my new EU card now. Does my fiance have to contact the immigration office  and inform them  of the renewal of the card?

-@BecksOsei

What does this have to do with passports? Please start a new topic, then you will get a proper response.

Hello,

If it's legal, then there's no problem