Becoming a real resident in Turkey (GSK and taxes)

Of course we can ask our advisor, still I think for some of the members being here for a year it is interesting to see what is done, income taxes is one topic, I start to think that nobody declares income tax (dividends, pension or  interest), difficult to say on a forum I think, but still I feel that most of the members just ignore the topic, still in my view that is dangereous to do so.

The other topic, I believe better to enroll in GSK rather than privately, we intend to do so (What and how were your experiences?)

For those declaring the income taxes, what is the price you pay for your advisor?

@cdw057 You do not describe all taxation ... You have differents levels of taxes for companies depending of individuals, limited or liability companies..

Also you have property taxes or taxes if you buy or sell a property..

You have less taxe if you give your flat for rent to a company than individuel ..

I am paying taxes also for my company individual..

You have also taxes if you rent your own place as an office , + withholder tax ( stopaj +22 % ) ..

Welcome to Turkey

Indeed I am quite limited in my explanation, I am in semi retirement and have no pension income (yet), I have no company, just have an apartment, but I suppose the tax for that will come by SMS, just more concerns on the income (possibly) from abroad.

Having said the above with the current rates I will probably leave Turkey before pension age (rate is far too high, but 5 years to go so for now that is fine).

I am quite (painfully) aware on taxes on selling a property, so (under current rules) I will keep my property for some years (perhaps good).

Just wondering how all of the expats on the forum deal with interest, dividends etc.

I just go with the rules.