Shipping Medicine from DR to USA for personal use.

Anyone have insight into the possibility of shipping medicines purchased in the DR to the USA for personal use?

I am a type 2 diabetic and need to get eye drops regularly. It's very expensive and my insurance does not cover it.

It would be great if I could have some eye drop medicines shipped to my home in USA but is it legal?

Thank's for any info on this,

Nick Boork

The legal end will be in the USA.  Sending from here is legal, receiving there is the question.

And the shipping is not easy from here to there. However, if you know people visiting from here or returning from vaca here then they can be put in luggage as long as it legal to bring into the USA

As Planner said, the legal question will be from the US perspective.

Have you determined that the drops are available here? I've had to make some modifications to maintenance meds based on what is consistently available down here.

Sending anything back to the US by courier (UPS, FedEx, DHL) is very expensive - count on at least $50 per package.

@planner Thank you Planner! Your answer makes sense. Just need to take a vacation to the DR soon. Have a nice holiday.

Nick

@ddmcghee Hey, thanks for your feedback. As I mentioned to Planner, I'm like ready for a vacation in the DR soon. It would be better for me to check out what is available at Farmacia's. Have a great holiday! Nick

I know people that order  “ vitamins “ from as far as Southeast Asia and most times their orders are huge boxes for there ordering 6 months supplies at a time so I don't think you would have a problem but I'm sure there's a list of banned contraband you could cross check with on the TSA website or customs

@Tippj

Thank you for your feedback a great holiday!

@Nick Boork ups fedex and dhl are very specificon what you can or not ship. Medicines, credit cards, cash, guns are not allowed. I tried, sometimes it works others they return the package after DR customs inspection.