Tax Advice

Morning all, well February is fast approaching for our move. I am looking for someone to assist with Tax in UK ( from rental income) also husband will have UK work income. And also my income from Cyprus based job plus rental in UK. Hoping to find one person who can assist with both. Any advice gratefully appreciated.

Elizabeth Welch in Paphos  is very good

We used tax  consultant in Paphos - Elizabeth Welch.

Tel: 26811279

Address: Nikou Nikolaidi Leoforos Str, PENELOPE'S PALACE, Flat 302, 8010 Pafos.

She explained how to complete our tax returns several years ago when it was manual and now it's all online  it's made much easier once you understand the input and since then I've managed to do it myself.

She will explain it all

Others to consider

Blevins Franks

Dav Bedi at Clearly Read

And just to add you might want to check the HMRC web site and complete a P85 once you leave the UK. You can start the process and save it to complete after you have left. It stays on the HMRC site for about a month after the date you start. My UK accountant has advised that UK income from rental, UK company dividends, Savings interest etc is subject to a self-assessment and UK tax. UK employment income that would be PAYE if you lived in the UK but is paid as a result of work performed in Cyprus is under Cyprus tax. You can get a new tax code from HMRC that will be NT and NI table X. This will mean the UK payroll will not deduct tax or NI. You can also check how many years NI you have paid and if over the threshold you will be eligible for a full UK pension. You can also claim any overpayment of UK tax with the P85. This is online and can only be submitted after leaving the UK. https://www.gov.uk/check-national-insurance-record. This is what I have been told so far but pls check it with a professional lol

You can opt to exercise your dual taxation treaty rights.. we did it 8 years ago .. it was €80 each and all completed in under 6 weeks

Wow as ever so much help. Thankyou, hopefully it will get easier as we go along.

Colleen