Taxi service/driver for day

Hello everyone

we've just purchased a property in VT and are coming over next Thursday for the first time.

can anyone recommend a taxi service to get us around over the 5 days we're there? Car hire isn't an option, neither is public transport. We'd also need transfers from Sofia airport to VT and back. Ideally we'd like to find someone we can pay on a day rate.

any advice is much appreciated!

thanks in advance

Look up Aleks OK Taxi

@daviescliftholdings

Welcome to the expat.com forum and congratulations on your new home in Bulgaria!

5 days is perfect for a car rental, and by far the most convenient option. Can you reconsider your aversion to rentals? Or bring along a friend/family member who doesn't mind driving? Bulgaria has decent roads, and even if you've never been here before, it's perfectly manageable.

I have a very nice (and very reliable) private car service I use regularly from Sofia Airport to Plovdiv. They're about 70 euros each way. VT is twice as far, so I'd guess 150-200 euros each way. So I'd probably do something like this, and then just pay a local taxi driver to ferry me around each day in VT.

If you're going to be visiting notaries and changing water/electricity accounts, then a translator would be very useful. I know a young translator guy in Plovdiv, very helpful fellow. I think his day rate is about 120 euros, but that's just for translating not ferrying me around. But my guess is that he'd drive me around too if I paid for his fuel and meals and a place to stay.

Yes, it is better to drive ....

You can use TaxiMe app on your phone, it shows you the price you have to pay, the route and the time of arrival.