Top Ten Reasons Why I love this Island

1. The Weather - warm all year, cool breezes, rainfall creates great natural beauty
  2. The Food - mix of so many nations, you never get bored with so many choices
  3. The Fresh Air - most of the time, just a bit of sugar cane or rubbish burning, or the main road traffic congestion, otherwise perfect.
  4. The Views, the Mountains are so majestic and change with the time of day and weather.
  5. The Beaches, are wonderful and the water clear with wonderful colours.
  6. The choice of housing and I agree that locals should have better prices, and water side positions.
  7. The People have integrated so well, and the many public holidays across the religions show that.
  8. The French and English influences through history although can draw criticism give us beautiful buildings and culture.
  9. The fauna and Flora, birds galore and beautiful trees and shrubs - gardens are a picture
  10. The Ocean abundant with fish. We are far enough away from the crazy World but close enough to fly to either Europe, Africa, Asia or Australia easily.

Hey Anne,

Thank you for so much for taking the time to share your experience.

Have a nice day,

Bhavna

Hello Anne

Indeed feel good that you share positive thoughts and experience mauritian peopl, our cultures and the nature and surrounding

thank you

Weird propaganda here.

Beautilful building? That's questionable.

Fauna and Flora? Houses are growing everywhere, and every area is poluted by people litering

The ocean abondant with fish? That is far from being true. Inshore the lagoon is dead because of poachers, and offshore it's overfished by commercial boats

Jex2,

I beg to differ ! Propaganda is quite a misleading word here. The poster has just shared her personal views. Of course, members are free to disagree..

have a nice day,

Bhavna

To the person who said I spoke Propaganda

it's so easy to criticize and respond out of context.  My right is free speech and to have personal views. My reference to French and English buildings is a historic one.

You have the right also to point out your views of what you feel are significant environmental issues but do not link them as criticism to me.

I too see those things which you pointed out but they do not make me love this Island any less.  As a past CEO of Keep Australia Beautiful litter was my principal concern and here seems to be a grass roots issue.

Pollution in waterways and appropriate building regulation and planned green belts are Government issues. Rather than criticizing me I suggest you connect with Government and clean up your local area to show your desire to Keep Mauritius Beautiful.