Alternative to Supermarket

What is the best place for prices - Pricesmart? Assume it is bulk sizes and similar to Costco or BJs in the US.

Yes, pricesmart is your best option in DR for almost anything you want to buy.

Pricesmart is a great alternative.  A lot of American imports.  I'm in Punta Cana so it has to be a trip that makes the drive worthwhile...patiently waiting for them to put a store in PC...

@DominicanadaMike

Unfortunately for us don't think this will happen any time soon.

Tourists won't buy membership and punta cana overall is still too small.

in La Romana would make more sense i think.

@jeanchris101: you might be right but there are lots of small businesses in the area that can buy from pricesmart and sell higher... plus you will get traffic from Higuey coming here.  Also, tourists are not the people shopping, its expats and they will buy the membership.  short term tourists and shopping?  Only if its rare or cheap.  In the DR???  Neither...lol  Malls here in PC are built for show.

@jeanchris101

I would disagree because I always see many of the restaurant owners shopping in Nacional

@DominicanadaMike

Have you been to Cash and Carry Punta Cana?

@DRVisitor

Those restaurants would do the ride and go to la Romana if they would open it there as well, definitely worth it for there business and its the 3rd biggest city in DR so it makes more sense to my eyes they would open it there.

I really hope I am wrong and it happens one day.in PC... but i don't think they are interested in punta cana.

They make a lot of money off the membership subscription, they like big city, not small.

Can we just get a bravo at least? 😅

@jeanchris101

Isn't one in downtown Punta Cana or am I thinking of another one?

yes your thinking of Jumbo.

@DRVisitor: no I haven't been to cash and carry.  Where is it located? 

@jeanchris101

Ah yes...

@DominicanadaMike

Av. Barceló 1, Punta Cana

Naves del Caribe III, Ctra. Verón Bávaro Km.1,

Thanks DR. I'll check it out.  Actually, I just looked at the location and Yes, I have been there.  Mostly frozen but a few good deals.  Nothing special for me.

Ok thanks...That is why a pricesmart or something similar is needed. Enough around to support it even if off the beaten path for a cheaper rent.