D7 Visa Documents Required

Hi there.

I have two questions and need your support, I got the NIF and Bank account now, and the bank account is ZERO amount; I also got the accommodation for one year and paid three months in advance and have the three receipts for payment. 

1- Do I need to transfer the amount before making the appointment in VFS to show the amount, or is my bank statement in my home country enough?

2- Request for criminal record inquiry by the immigration and border services (SEF). How can I get it? I am living in Egypt now.

Any advice, please let me know, and thank you so much for your help.

Hi there.
I have two questions and need your support, I got the NIF and Bank account now, and the bank account is ZERO amount; I also got the accommodation for one year and paid three months in advance and have the three receipts for payment.

1- Do I need to transfer the amount before making the appointment in VFS to show the amount, or is my bank statement in my home country enough?
2- Request for criminal record inquiry by the immigration and border services (SEF). How can I get it? I am living in Egypt now.

Any advice, please let me know, and thank you so much for your help.
-@Emad Sharaki

You just need a document like this...  _FIB_ mans fill in the blank

I,__FIB__, child of __FIB__ and __FIB__, born at __FIB__, of __FIB__ nationality, bearer of passport no. __FIB__ under the terms of subparagraph d) of paragraph 1 of art. 12 of Regulatory Decree 2/2013, of 18 March, requests the consultation by the Aliens and Borders Service of my Portuguese criminal record.

_______________________________________, on __FIB__

Signature according to identification document

Not sure about #1, I put 1000 euros in mine.

Thanks MrFitz

In my experience I had to show bank statements from both my home country AND my Portuguese bank account. Also the Portuguese bank account can have no less than 8K in it  (this is just for a single applicant - it's more for multiple applicants and kids). That's just the minimum though, you can deposit much more.

My background check was done in my home country and was only valid for 3 months so make sure to time your appointment before it expires. Also, you may need an Apostille, they sometimes waive that as long as the criminal check envelope is not open when you arrive at your interview.

Also make sure you bring your 1-year lease and not just the rental payments, they will want a copy of it.

Good luck!

Thanks Nicole,

Your experience and comments ring very true and the system does not bend on any of these prerequisites; ie 12 month lease agreement.

Michael

@Nicole Williams

Thank you so much for this information. I am coming alone. but according to your reply, I must show both. You are right.

@The1Fitz

Thank you so much; I have the document now, and I will share it if anyone needed

There is absolutely NO requirement that you need $8k in a Portuguese bank for your VISA. This is straight from the Embassy here in the USA. They are more concerned with your passive income. The Embassy official told me as long as your Portugal bank account has $1000 in it you are set to go. The higher numbers are usually thrown around by people the Embassy flagged due to something they found in their applications or whatever. This, again, is straight from the Embassy.

@ElSteveo

I have opened an account on Novo Banco, and I deposited €500 for the test. And decide, per my lawyer's recommendation, to send another €9500 for a total of €10K. Now the lawyer told me I must put the total amount €9500. Anything else will be rejected from SEF. Novo Banco will allow me to send the money one time till the activation of the account. I stacked in the middle, I contacted the bank many times, and they asked me to wait for a maximum of two months for activation.

I feel very disappointed.

Seriously - Two months to activate an account that has your money,

@dbarnes816 Yes,  or you must come to the branch to accelerate the activation. How come!! :(

I am disappointed guys :(:(

@dbarnes816 for Portugal two months is very generous and I'm pretty sure is a lie. They usually wait till the last day and ask for extra documents. Sometimes they refused your application internally, but will drag you through compliance process eternally