Banks in Ukraine
There are more than 180 banks in Ukraine, totalling more than 21,000 branches.
Most of the banks are not reliable, and several of them have been liquidated after the 2008 financial crisis. Some depositors are still waiting for their deposits, blocked in banks such as Nadra or UkrPrombank.
The safest bank are the subsidiaries of international banking groups.
Among the largest are:
- Raiffeisen Bank Aval (subsidiary of the Austrian group, 950 branches)
- UkrSibbank (subsidiary of French BNP Paribas- 700 branches)
- UkrSotsbank (subsidiary of Unicredito)
- Erste Bank etc..
These banks offer a large range of services for individual and corporate clients.
ATM and cards
There are almost 30000 ATM in Ukraine, and they can be found everywhere in the country. Visa and Mastercard are accepted in all the ATM. Cases of ATM fraud have been reported, and therefore it is advisable to use the ATM of the large international banks when withdrawal cash in Ukraine.
Shops in big cities also accept payment by cards.
Guide section: Bank
Latest guide articles
- I am waiting for a nice lady from Ukrain …
- I'd like to meet people
- Russian lessons via Skype
- Online MTS Ukraine recharge
- Suggestion about Health care in Ukraine
- Looking Accommodation for long term in A …
- Information about jobs for english people
- Colleges & Universities in Ukraine
Chick In Kiev
Ramblings of a Peace Corps Volunteer ...
Many Coloured Days
British Club in Ukraine
Back in the USSR
8 Months in Ukraine
The Back Roads of Ukraine: Chronicles...
Childrens Embassy in Ukraine