Income tax in Norway
Income tax is deducted at source in Norway. The system is quite complex and several tax rates apply. The basics are:
1 - The tax-collector issues a tax notice to your attention indicating the rate at which you will be taxed on your income.
2 - You must then submit this tax notice to your employer who will then deduct tax before any remuneration.
3 - If you do not provide your tax notice to your employer on time, a deduction of 50% will be applied on your salary with financial adjustment the following year.
Regarding the detailed tax contributions, everything will be clearly detailed on your payslip. For more information, visit the Norwegian Tax Administration website at http://www.skatteetaten.no/.
Interex - taxation in Norway
Norwegian Tax Administration
Guide section: Tax
Latest guide articles
- Accommodation in Norway
- Work visas in Norway
- Traveling to Norway
- Setting a business in Norway
- Income tax in Norway
- Health care in Norway
- Customs in Norway
- If you are young...
- The Trailing Partner
- Buying A Property in Stavanger
- Salary and tax rates in Norway
- Marcello need help..!!!
- Volunteering in or near Oslo
- I need info on retiring in Norway please
- Moving to Norway!
- Americans In Trondheim
- Illegal status and procedures
- Sad news for job seekers in Norway
- how much difference between arctic areas …