Monthly Rental near Puerto Viejo, Limon

Hi,
My husband and I are looking for a small but decent place, preferably close to the beach in the Puerto Viejo, Uva, Cocles, Manzanillo, etc. area.

We are struggling to find anything on air bnb that's a decent size at a decent price (less than $1000 USD).

Anyone got any tips to a local CR website for monthly rentals?

Thanks all!!

Your not going to find cheap places on air bnb. Just Google each city and realtor and look at listing. And let me know if you have an extra room for rent 😀

Thanks Chris...that's exactly what I asked for - local websites

Might be easier to find a realtor in San Jose or a larger city and have them help you out.
https://www.point2homes.com/CR/Real-Est … -Jose.html

One universal truth is estate agents and lawyers are always better when you don;t have to deal with them. Even if you don't share the same exceptionally low opinion I hold of them, it's an extra layer of paying out you can avoid.

Fred
          I agree with you on the lawyers and real estate people especially in CR
I moved here last year to Escazu San Jose and it was frustrating trying to find a realtor that would even call you back or an owner of a property.
I even had troubles finding a decent lawyer who wouldn't rob me in fees to open an LLC here

The soar grapes I hold pushed me to work on opening a Property Management and Real Estate company just to show these knuckleheads how we do it East Coast Style

I never understood why it's so hard to return a phone call or an email especially in a country that needs work and American tourism with the pandemic effects

I apologize if I offended anyone I just had a rough start dropping anchor here in Costa Rica but I definitely love it here

Stay Safe All

Are you searching with 'feet on the ground' or just on websites?

If you haven't yet arrived, it may be best to book into a b&b for a few nights after arrival and search the areas you are interested in. That way you will view the immediate surroundings and whether or not  you will be next door to a karaoke bar...

Ask at local stores and restaurants, check out notice boards on the grocery stores, etc...

Thanks for the reply.

We are looking online right now and know that we want to stay in the areas i listed above.  We are trying to book a place for 1 month, so that we have a base and can further explore once there.

We had an airbnb booked and confirmed, but they just cancelled our stay with them due to water issues and repairs needed.  So now, we leave in a month, and have nowhere to saty at a decent price (less than $1000/month).

Try this website, Encuentra

Yeh...nothing there.

Thanks for replying tho...

Tried Craigslist, Costa Rica?
I looked through it quickly, but it doesn't seem to be organized by area...

I did check craigslist and saw nothing for the caribbean coast.  For pacific coast, i saw some possibilities tho and will use when traveling to that side.

So, we ended up renting a place for $1000 in the end.  Booooo.

LOL

I'm not sure when you arrive, but I was in Puerto Viejo in Jan 2020 and am going back on the 11th of March. There are plenty of places. I'm looking for property to purchase, but can watch for long term rentals. No promise I can help as I don't know your arrival. Even if you get two nights at a hotel property it gives you time to search local long term places in person. Tourism is slow, so there are plenty of options. I can give you a local that knows the area if interested.

Thank you so much for the information 😊
I would LOVE the name of the local person 🙏🏻

Kitty

What month are you looking to stay Kitty? I am looking at property next week in Puerto Viejo for purchase. Happy to help, but I don't know your intent/interest.