PLOC (pre-approved letter of consent)

Hi there!

I'm a foreigner who just transferred to SG due to my recent marriage to a Singaporean. Finally secured an LTVP and PLOC and now currently seeking a job. I wanted to check if there are any here who find/found themselves in a similar situation. Does it make the process smoother for a foreigner to secure a job here? What processes should i be aware of that i will encounter down the line?

I would greatly appreciate your feedback! Thanks!

This is the first time I hear about a PLOC. Could you please explain more about it?
Normally, an LoC is issued for work at one employer. Is yours open for all?

The only restrictions for PLOC are occupations such as a journalist, editor, producer, or any religion-related occupation. When my spouse and i applied for my Spousal LTVP, there was an option to apply for a PLOC at the same time. So it was processed alongside my LTVP and was released a day after i received my FIN card. It's supposedly not counted against a company's foreign worker quota.

Thanks for posting this. I did some research:
Apparently, the PLOC exists since a year ago. Only spouses and minor children of citizens and PRs, who hold an LTVP/LTVP+ can get one. It allows free access to the job market and work in almost any job with very few restrictions. You can also change jobs or be unemployed while holding it (unlike the normal LoC or any other work pass).

@chebello

Hi, do u manage to secure job with ploc?

@rajagauri Yes. Process is straightforward. I just provide my employer my FIN and the employer's copy of the PLOC.

@chebello Hey I currently am in the situation as you were. I have a LTVP and PLOC but for some reasons, recruiters kept rejecting me as they prefer SG citizens and PR. I wonder if you faced similar situation before you got a job.

Hello @chebello and @juheng

I'm yuli , I'm currently just get my LTVP .

May I know , how long you will get PLOC after you call MOM for 3 days after collect the LTVp ?

Because, I find job already.

But , the HR ask me to apply PLOC first.

The employer doesn't want to apply LOC for me , maybe because of Abit problem or what, I didn't know.

Can you share with me , how long you get PLOC ?

Thank you 🙏

@Yuli Susnti did you apply PLOC during your application for LTVP? If yes, 3 working days you'll get result of your PLOC Application after receiving your LTVP card. If not, your employer can apply you LOC.

Hello...@nayeshaf

I didn't apply for PLOC before,

MOM send the email for approve my PLOC already.

It's one day after my LTVP collected.

I think it's attoumaticly MOM will give PLOC after received the card. I'm not sure , but I'm ex work permit.

Thanks for sharing,

I'm appreciate for that ,,, 🙏

@Juheng Hi, I faced the same situation as you are. The recruiter identified my as the foreigner and insists that I need a work sponsorship which is different from the PLOC letter I received. I'm still very confused about this practice and don't know how to solve it. Have you found the reason behind? Is this allowed from MOM's perspective?

@wooeffie you just need to find a job and present your PLOC and work pass if they want to hire you. They only need to notify MOM when u going to start work using your PLOC letter.

Sadly, MANY recruiters/ HR in Singapore companies, especially the "local" people working in the "local" companies, especially the old ones who are so proud of their true-blue Singaporean status, are blur like a sotong with different types of work passes related regulations (esp when it comes to DP, WP for DP, LOC for DP, LOC for LTVP, and PLOC), which are regularly updated every 1-2-3 years by MOM.

Their jobs are protected by the government hence they do not need to update their knowledge.

So for your case, it's just because the recruiter is ignorant.

@Juheng Hi, I faced the same situation as you are. The recruiter identified my as the foreigner and insists that I need a work sponsorship which is different from the PLOC letter I received. I'm still very confused about this practice and don't know how to solve it. Have you found the reason behind? Is this allowed from MOM's perspective?
-@wooeffie

@Guest6782 many jobs now only open for Singaporeans and PRs only also. Is it because of they do not know about PLOC?

Hello Jennie

Please note that Guest6782 is no longer on the website.

Regards

Bhavna

yes, i realized this problem too while searching for jobs. a lot of HR are not aware of this PLOC arrangement. however, i do notice that retails and F&B sectors seems to know this well as they posted LTVP holders as one of their potential candidates searching.

I have gotten LTVP through spouse scheme and is currently working under PLOC.

Best Regards,

Lily

@xiner92 can i know what is the right to work for ploc ? im confused.. because we dont need work pass and sponsorship to work here. meanwhile in some job platform there is a question what is ur right to work in sg. and all the choices doesnt match with ploc criteria. im not singaporean or PR too.

this one make me keep getting rejected when i apply for job.

@Lime303 If you have a PLoC, you are allowed to wok in Singapore. But employers do either not know this, or not like LoC holders in general, so you should expect such problems. You will also be paid less than a holder of a regular work pass. If you want to have better chances, consider getting an EP or S-Pass instead!

Hello! If you're holding an LTVP, it's worth noting that according to MOM guidelines, obtaining an S Pass or EP could result in the cancellation of your LTVP. 😊

Remember, as an LTVP holder, your spouse is your sponsor, so opting for an LOC or PLOC might be a more suitable option for you! ✌🏻

When applying for jobs online, consider including a brief note explaining your LTVP status and how it works with a PLOC. It's about finding the right fit with employers who appreciate your situation. If one doesn't, don't hesitate to seek opportunities elsewhere.

Hello! If you're holding an LTVP, it's worth noting that according to MOM guidelines, obtaining an S Pass or EP could result in the cancellation of your LTVP. 😊

Not "could", but "will": You cannot hold two passes at the same time, thus by getting a work pass you automatically lose your LTVP.

However, work passes are greatly preferable - and many (if not most) employers hesitate to hire somebody on LTVP with LoC.

Hmmm

Hmmmmm

I find myself in agreement with you.

It is disheartening to recount an incident at a company (a local tech startup) where a foreign employee had to depart from Singapore due to the HR department's oversight during the processing of his Employment Pass renewal. Despite the employee's diligence in handling his EP matters, including sending reminder emails and more.

Ultimately, the only justification provided was, "Apologies, I was unaware of that regulation," (that the renewal needs to be applied BEFORE the expiry date) despite the employee's multiple reminders via email and direct messages through the internal chat application. The HR representative responded with statements like, "The regulations in Singapore differ from those in your home country, so let us handle the situation."

The HR personnel in question continue to be employed by the same company to this day, and it remains uncertain if any disciplinary actions were taken against them. Anw, they are true-blue, protected by WP and PSP.

The affected employee secured a new job in Australia after the company reached out, acknowledging their HR department's error and promising to rectify the situation, albeit too late.

Sadly, MANY recruiters/ HR in Singapore companies, especially the "local" people working in the "local" companies, especially the old ones who are so proud of their true-blue Singaporean status, are blur like a sotong with different types of work passes related regulations (esp when it comes to DP, WP for DP, LOC for DP, LOC for LTVP, and PLOC), which are regularly updated every 1-2-3 years by MOM.
Their jobs are protected by the government hence they do not need to update their knowledge.

So for your case, it's just because the recruiter is ignorant.

-@wooeffie

-@Guest8962