Considering buying Tiba Apartment in Al Ahyaa, Hurgada

Hi, I am considering buying a 1bdrm Tiba apartment, need to make a decision by Monday 27th Feb 2012 as it's on hold for me.  Has anyone bought one of these Tiba Development properties, if so, any advice on living/Utilities costs, etc.  How easy are they to rent out and re-sell as Hurgada is an up and coming developed area and looks quite busy, so lots of other people probably have same idea. This is a serious decision as I'm early 50's and it's going to take all my savings, so looking at it as long-term investment and to use for winter sun breaks, so only 4wks yr until I retire - so considering flight fares, visa entries, transport to it and annual maintenance fees (approx £1,300 pa) and being self catering whereas my hubby says we could just have a package hol every yr and see different places, it's a big decision, I'm thinking when retired, I can have 6mnths winter sun away from chilly England in something that is paid for, but it's along way off, so we could have annual package hols and buy a motorhome when retired and travel abroad for winter sun, after all, flights aren't getting any cheaper!  What do I do???

I think you will find more information on this forum: webworldproperty.com/forum9.html

Hiya,
I don't know when you posted this but I have just joined so I can reply to you.  I have also bought one of the Tiba apartments in Tiba Garden. I also bought it off plan and will finish paying for it very soon.  It will be ready ahead of schedule and I am planning to live in it from September 2012 with my Egyptian husband.
I was a little confused as to what you were expected to pay and I want to make sure you are paying the right amount and not being ripped off so to speak!
There are additional charges or things to buy for your apartment.  I have also bought the one bed and I need to also pay for two air con units which are £477 each plus a water heater which is around £80 plus a small charge for the installation of the electric meters.
The annual charge for maintenance is only £220 per year not the amount you quoted..... please make sure that this amount is correct on your contract.  I had my contract checked and when I visited Hurghada on holiday in August I emplyed a local solicitor to register the apartment in my name which cost £500 (the going rate).  We spent all morning at the courts in Dahar.
I can tell you what I know so if you have any questions please ask me okay?  The Tiba developments are a fantastic buy.  Excellent quality and great price.  It is an up and coming area and a little bleak at the moment however you are right near El Gouna which is full of English people and really beautiful and the nearest town to buy things is Dahar, very Egyptian but great and you can pick up some amazing bargains if you keep your head down.  My husband tends to buy everything so we get it all very cheap.  Often only spending around £5 on food for the week.... the larger supermarkets are cheap compared to our supermarkets but expensive for Egyptians.  Fresh bread, aggs etc you can buy in Dahar for a fraction of the price. 
The visa you can get going through the airport and costs £13 cash.  If you plan to come and go lots of times you can get a visa for £18 which is a multi-entry one.  Other than that as a apartment owner you can get a years visa at the post office in Dahar.  If you need any help with anything please let me know.  I can give you my email address or Egyptian telephone number and we can meet up if you need help going places. 
I know that the majority of people buying Tiba Garden apartments are English. My Mum's best friends have bought in the new Tiba Palace which will be ready in April 2013.
I am sure you will be able to rent out the apartment very easily in the future when the area is completed.  A Carrefour supermarket is due to be built very soon and the Al-Ahyaa area is supposed to be the new Hurghada....
Good luck with everything and let me know if you need anything else.
My kind regards,
Caroline

PS Utilities around £20 per month for electric and £20 for water.  This is based on what other people have told me. I think it may say in your contract that you can't sell on for five years.  Apparently this is not the case however I would recommend you hang on to your apartment until everything is completed and the roads are sorted into the apartment block etc.  They will double in price easily when it is all finished.

PPS Flight to Hurghada do vary in cost from £65 to £400 but because you are retiring soon you can pick and choose and wait for the cheaper flights.  Six months at the apartment sounds wonderful and you will love it and the life style. I went at Christmas 2011 and on Christmas day I was sunbathing on the beach (bikini on!)chatting to two lovely English women I met there.... what was it like in England?  Chilly!!!! From about 4pm it does go a little chilly and you will need a light jacket or cardigan. but thats it! From November to March it is a little chilly in the evening.  In February I did swim in the sea and I have to say it was really cold!!! I was the only one swimming from the boat! However August, September and October boiling hot especially August! I could not sit out in the sun it was so hot. I think the best time to go would be around March, April, May and June... the temperature would be perfect then...
I love Egypt.  I think it is the best place ever and once you have been a couple of times you will make friends and the Egyptians are so friendly and welcoming.  Buy the apartment - you will never regret it!!!
Good luck with it all!
xxx

Why not consider Al Kawthar. A better place and in the middle of the village road plenty of options to suit your needs.

gathanasious wrote:

Tiba is really one of the best and even developer deliver before time and they now just launched their new project in Heart of Hurghada iba Rose and delivery date December 2013 if need more info let me know and if any of you need help with furniture don't hesitate to ask me

Regards
George

i am one of the 1st to get a place in rose i also have a place in hights

Hello,

I recommend not to buy it is quite expensive and it is far away and if you will try to sell it you won't be able to sell for the same price you bought. it is good company and good services but at the same time it is very high prices when there is other better properties with cheaper prices. at Tibe no sea view or nothing special. I'm special at real estate market in Hurghada so be careful. customer bought there will recommend you to buy cause they don't know market in Hurghada and anyway it's their own so they like it but if you compare it to market so it is not super region and very expensive.

what tiba property in hurghada are you talking about

I talk about projects of Red sea way which has Tiba projects

isso wrote:

I talk about projects of Red sea way which has Tiba projects

what about tiba rose in Sekala town center

It is their newest project next to German consulate.
Hadaba is much better cause it is easier to re-sell and also it is ok if you will rent it.

I still didn't visit this new project but I check it online, also prices are very high 85 m.sq 340,000 EGP this means 1 m is 4,000 pound when normal price for flat on Hadaba is around 2,000

and 85 m.sq isn't net size so this price is ok for 2 normal flats  , max for full sea view property on Hadaba is 2300:2500 EGP per m.sq their swimming pool is usually very small.

So this price is ok for 2 normal flats

Please explain what you are trying to say

Also Tiba management is keeping hold of all the top floor apartments to use so they say for their own staff so all the best apartments with sea views are taken

Remember that it is a sometimes a (steep) climb if you have to walk to the area around the German consulate. It is around 700 meters to the main street (Sheraton Road) Elevation is approx 30m.
You can find taxis also on Schools street a distance of 300m.

Geely wrote:

Remember that it is a sometimes a (steep) climb if you have to walk to the area around the German consulate. It is around 700 meters to the main street (Sheraton Road) Elevation is approx 30m.
You can find taxis also on Schools street a distance of 300m.

Thanks for the info and any other thoughts you have on the area will be a help

I'm considering this too, but I'm going for it. I reckon Egypt has great long term prospects and for the money there is nothing else like this around. You can't live in a hotel for months.
I'd like to chat with other to be tenants or new neighbours. I find the weather in Egypt wonderful and I like the people. Thanks Jonny.

Hiya,

You won't go wrong with these apartments.  They are amazing.  I have a one bedroom apartment in Tiba Garden and I love it.  Fantastic value for money and just so sweet!
Had my furniture built by a local carpenter and it is so lovely now.  I work in Cairo and I can't wait to get back at long weekends and school holidays.
Go for it - it is a great buy and in a couple of years you will double if not treble your money.

My regards,

Caroline

Jonnyace wrote:

I'm considering this too, but I'm going for it. I reckon Egypt has great long term prospects and for the money there is nothing else like this around. You can't live in a hotel for months.
I'd like to chat with others to be tenants or new neighbors. I find the weather in Egypt wonderful and I like the people. Thanks Jonny.

so what Tiba are you interested in

I've just read the posts from other people.  Shereton Street is okay but not for everyone.  I hate all the hustle and bustle and as a keen kite surfer the Tiba Developments closer to El Gouna are a better bet for me.  I think you have to think outside the box and so many people flock to the area around Shereton Street.  It is smelly and full of litter and not good.  If you want to go to brouse all the countless tat shops you can just catch the bus.... Persoanlly I would not want to live there and after many holidays staying in the Egyptian "Shag" flats as I call them, decided I needed something a bit more up market and away from the commonness which floods Hurghada.
I love Dahar and shopping with the locals.  I like to just mingle and feel like Im home.  I hate the endless attention and hastle when walking down Shereton Street.  As a resident and working person in Egypt now I hate being treated like a local. 
Its totally up to you, but I love my little apartment in Tiba Garden. It is quiet and saf and I need it after working in mad Cairo.
Caroline

Sorry, meant to say hate being treated like a tourist not a local - want to be treated like a local.  I am married to a lovely Egyptian man and we love being in the apartment.  It is a safe place for everyone.

HELLO JONNY
THANK YOU FOR YOUR NICE WORDS ABOUT EGYPT, HOPE YOU HAVE THE BEST LUCK WITH YOU INVESTMENTS.
REGARDS

@Sameh Nasr -> Can you please lower your caps lock when writing on the forum? :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Nice place to live

posidrive66 wrote:

Hiya,
I had my contract checked and when I visited Hurghada on holiday in August I emplyed a local solicitor to register the apartment in my name which cost £500 (the going rate).  We spent all morning at the courts in Dahar.

The current fee for court registration is 3000 EGP = 300 GBP, not 500.

Have you been to court or to the notary public office? Registration takes between 6 months to one year. The paper you get is green in colour.

You won't be able to sell the properties for a period of 5 years, or rather, you can sell it but the new owner is not able to register them in court for the named period.

Hi there
Can you let me have the name and address of the lawyer, plus phone and email contact.
Thx
Jonny

Hi there,

It costs about 3000 EGP but it's not included lawyer
Minimum from 4000 to register your property

You can make a sign by owner at court it costs about 1000 EGP and it will save all your rights cause owner go to court to sign the contract so you already be the owner.

Please follow legal steps to be trouble-free and get a good results.

perfectpropertieshurghada.com/category/blog/

P.S: process of registration should be finished in about 6 month
It is not a big deal for a good lawyer as people make it biiger to get more money.

Please check THe British Embassy Tips:

sorry I sent wrong URL

http://ukinegypt.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for … t/16327509

isso wrote:

P.S: process of registration should be finished in about 6 month
It is not a big deal for a good lawyer as people make it biiger to get more money.

Please check THe British Embassy Tips:
http://www.perfectpropertieshurghada.com/category/blog/

is there any point in doing it if you intend selling your place as you can not sell for 5 years

You can sell your property whenever you want
with ownership Authorization you can sell your property
you don't need to worry about that if you will set a sign in court
customers get troubles  mostly from lawyers it is rarely investors get troubles of ownership.

some developers tricked customers with ownership to sell one property for many customers but it no more happening

I hope real estate market's reputation won't have tricks anymore

isso wrote:

Hi there,

It costs about 3000 EGP but it's not included lawyer
Minimum from 4000 to register your property

You can make a sign by owner at court it costs about 1000 EGP and it will save all your rights cause owner go to court to sign the contract so you already be the owner.

Please follow legal steps to be trouble-free and get a good results.

Signature verification does not give you ownership, meaning does not change the title deed.
It simply verifies the identities of those who signed the contract, not the content of the contract itself.

If you intend to sell before 5 years, there is no point in doing the court registration, but you must really make sure the property is free from debts.

hi to all , we have purchased in tiba paradise and are off to furnish it on friday , can't wait to warm our bones instead of being cold in england . thanks for all the tips on where it shop , we will try dahar as it sounds better than sheradan st (too busy )

tim and alyson wrote:

hi to all , we have purchased in tiba paradise and are off to furnish it on friday , can't wait to warm our bones instead of being cold in england . thanks for all the tips on where it shop , we will try dahar as it sounds better than sheradan st (too busy )

i am also out on friday where are you flying from bet we are on the same plane

what is the price per square meter in Gouna

Hi there,how are u? I am just a normal person without any property,but I considered myself a lot of experienced and knew the living in hurghada,all I can say be wise enough.

Hi,

I have just read your comments and information on someone else's query about moving to Hurghada. I have also seen the tiba projects up and coming developments and I am very keen to make a purchase here. I have a very dear friend that lives in Egypt and I would like to buy a second home there so that I get to see him more often. I am flying out to Hurghada on the 24th September 2013 to come and see some 1 bedroom apartments that are for sale. How long is the purchasing process? From start to full contract signing? Are there any local real estate agencies that would be of interest to visit when I get there?

Many thanks
Victoria Hunt

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

Hi Jeremy and Victoria, send me a private message if you need any help or assistance.

thank you