Remote work in Vietnam as UK citizen

Do I need a visa to work remotely in Vietnam for less than 45 days as a UK citizen working for a UK/USA company?  From the UK travel advice website for Vietnam, it says that UK citizens are allowed entry into Vietnam for less than 45 days without any visa as long as it's for:

"

• tourism
  • transit
  • business travel – but not paid or voluntary work

"

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advic … quirements

This seems a bit vague.  Technically, the remote work is paid work, but the foreign (UK/USA) company would be paying the salary.  Would this still fall under the no-visa-required policy?

Do I need a visa to work remotely in Vietnam for less than 45 days as a UK citizen working for a UK/USA company?  From the UK travel advice website for Vietnam, it says that UK citizens are allowed entry into Vietnam for less than 45 days without any visa as long as it's for:
"tourism
transit
business travel – but not paid or voluntary work"
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advic … quirements

This seems a bit vague.  Technically, the remote work is paid work, but the foreign (UK/USA) company would be paying the salary.  Would this still fall under the no-visa-required policy?
        -@anothercuriousexpat

Hello anothercuriousexpat, and welcome to the forum.

A recent thread started by a compatriot of yours can be found here, which might be of interest to you.

I'm sorry I can't offer a definitive answer to your question. I'm hoping other members with firsthand experience will see your post and offer advice.

Once again, welcome aboard expat.com.

@Aidan in HCMC.  Thanks!  I happened to stumble upon that thread too.  My situation is a little different in that I only plan to stay less than 45 days in Vietnam as a UK citizen working for a UK/USA company.  I'm hoping that means that I don't need a visa of any sort to legally work remotely in Vietnam.

Do I need a visa to work remotely in Vietnam for less than 45 days as a UK citizen working for a UK/USA company? 

-@anothercuriousexpat

No