War pensioner

Hi I'm an ex British army veteran and want to know can I continue to claim my benefits in Gibraltar 🇬🇮

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

I'm an ex-serviceman in receipt of both a MOD and State pension; when I lived in the Netherlands, I could choose to have them paid into either my UK or Dutch bank account; the only risk you take is playing with exchange rates if applicable. That said, pensions are not classed as benefits in the UK, they regard them as income, so it doesn't matter where you live.

If the benefits you are referring to are nothing to do with you being a serviceman, then I know some can be paid if you live abroad. The UK Government website has a whole section applicable to living in Gibraltar; this link will take you straight to it. There is also a section of there website that deals specifically with all UK benefit claims if living abroad; this link will take you straight to it.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team

@Cynic This doesn't help me unfortunately as it still doesn't say weather I can carry on claiming my war pension, Army pension and other benefits. But thanks for you help.

I want to move to Gibraltar for health reasons as Britain is to damp for my medical conditions

Hi again.

Then phone 0808 1914 2 18 - that's the Veteran's Agency. If they don't know the answer, they should know who does. Ultimately, we (Veterans) now have our own Government Minister (Johny Mercer), he has a Facebook webpage; this link will take you there.

If none of that works, then I don't know what service or Regt/Corps you were in, so try SSAFA; their website has a live chat function, also a phone number you can ring; this link will take you straight to it.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team