Owning/leasing business in Ecuador

Greetings all, I'm new to forum and am wondering if anyone here has owned or leased a business in Ecuador.  I'm moving to Montanita to lease a hostel on the water and would love some general advice.

If anyone has had the great opportunity to do this and would like to discuss various aspects of the business, I would really appreciate it.  Thanks a lot everyone, merry travels

bryan

Hello Bryan,

Welcome to Montanita! I just read your posting here and am interested in how things are going for you. I purchased a large beachfront house just 8 kms north of Montanita, and have been operating it for 8 months as a 'hosteria' called ElDelfinFeliz. We are also looking for someone to either purchase or lease my place as well so if you (or someone you know) is interested, don't hesitate to let me know.

Please stop by and visit and check out my place when you get a chance. My friend Sergio, from Peru, is currently looking after things while I'm back in the USA. I look forward to hearing from you.

Blake Smith

Hi Blake, just read your post about possilbly leasing your hostel in Montanita . . . my husband and I are looking into that very thing and am wondering if you still looking?  We will be in Montantita next week (Feb 9-Feb 15) and will ask about the El Delpin Feliz . . . will you be around to show?  Thanks, Jessica

Jessica,

My name is Dan and I live in Eden Prairie, Minnesota.  I am contemplating the notion of spending some time in Ecuador during the winter months and would be very interested in learning about your impressions of Ecuador.  I have never been there, but have heard that it is a beautiful country and inexpensive to live there.  I have just a ton of questions.  Would you, or your husband, be willing to speak with me sometime?  If you would provide a telephone number I will call you.  Alternatively, if you prefer not giving out your telephone number, I can be reached at 952 830 1066.  Anything you would be willing to share about your experience there would be much appreciated.  Thank you.

Dan