Cost of living in Ramallah

Hello,

I have received a job offer in Ramallah and would like to ask someone who lives already around there about cost of living to make sure I can survive!
Can you help me?
Sending greetings from Europe!
Cristina:)

Hi Cristina, welcome on Expat-blog! :)

Your topic has been introduced as a new thread on the Palestine forum for better visibility.

I wish you good luck and i hope other members will be able to help you.
Christine

Hello,
I am an American living near Bethlehem.  I can tell you that Ramallah is a busy city.  It is crowded, it is better to live on the outskirts.  The cost of living is high here.  Food is much more expensive than in the US.  Renting is not as in the US, it is hard to find a place to rent, most people buy land or an unfinished building and build.  I have a small family of three and we spend about 5000 NIS a month.  We don't have a house note or rent, this is just for food, gas, electricity, water, and cell phone.  Not much to do here for entertainment, expense is only for visiting friends and bringing gifts.  Cars are very expensive as well as petrol.  Using public transportation is cheap here.  Make sure about the Visa issue, as this causes me many headaches.  I hope this helps, if you have any additional questions, feel free to contact me.

I think you guys need also to check out [Moderated: No free advert] and see the advice and comments given here about living in Ramallah / Palestine.

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum. You can use the business directory]

Hello usaumma, are you still living near bethlehem? My husband is from there and is now living there and im comtemplating a move there but have many doubts. Email me if you can.

usaumma wrote:

Hello,
I am an American living near Bethlehem.  I can tell you that Ramallah is a busy city.  It is crowded, it is better to live on the outskirts.  The cost of living is high here.  Food is much more expensive than in the US.  Renting is not as in the US, it is hard to find a place to rent, most people buy land or an unfinished building and build.  I have a small family of three and we spend about 5000 NIS a month.  We don't have a house note or rent, this is just for food, gas, electricity, water, and cell phone.  Not much to do here for entertainment, expense is only for visiting friends and bringing gifts.  Cars are very expensive as well as petrol.  Using public transportation is cheap here.  Make sure about the Visa issue, as this causes me many headaches.  I hope this helps, if you have any additional questions, feel free to contact me.

Hello rachie22632 and welcome to Expat.com!

Maybe you can start a new thread on the Palestine forum with all your questions. Other members might be able to help you. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

hi,
I am Palestinian live in Finland.I visited Ramallah and jerusalem last summer and I was shocked from the prices .. it was more expensive than Finland especially, the restaurants and coffee shops.