Working in South Jakarta (Sudirman)

Hi,
I will be moving to Jakarta for 1 year, and my working place is at Sudirman Plaza.

Appreciate advice from you guys/gals.

1) I'm looking for a nice 1 room apartment to stay with very good security, with some expats living at the same area. Preferably easy access to some eating places, and grocery shopping (imported food).

Where should I stay, if I want to keep my travel time to maximum 1/2 hour either by car or train?
Can anyone list down some of the apartments that I can consider and the estimated rental?

2)Is The Peak within walking distance to Sudirman Plaza, and is it a good place?

3)Is there any place for grocery shopping (imported food) near the area?

Thanks for the input.

Best option sudirman apartment, you will get what ever u asked

Hello fem-expat7.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Hope you'll get some responses from other members soon.

Concerning the apartment, you should post an advert in the Housing in Jakarta section. It may help.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Google time.

rumah disewa

rahuld wrote:

Thanks!

What is the name of the apartment? Is it "Sudirman Apartment" or are you referring to apartments within Sudirman area? :)

Sorry, not familiar with Jakarta.

fem-expat7 wrote:
rahuld wrote:

Thanks!

What is the name of the apartment? Is it "Sudirman Apartment" or are you referring to apartments within Sudirman area? :)

Sorry, not familiar with Jakarta.

Is Sudirman Apartment same as the The Peak?

by walking distance you can reach The Peak or the new one is Fraser.  they are just behind Sudirman Plaza and yes expats live there.
some others nearby are Sahid residence, Istana Sahid (you need to cross the big road using the bridge in front of CHase Plaza then walk further).
or if you want apartments behind Sudirman Plaza, further than The Peak n Fraser residence, you can try look for Setiabudi residence, four season.
there is plenty! like mas fred said, google it ;)