Info about Lae for a mum of 3 preschoolers

My partner is interviewing for a job in Lae.  Obviously I've googled as much as I can and read lots about the dangers but remain open to exploring the opportunity.  If anyone can answer these questions it'd certainly help me/us make the leap.

Therefore, my questions in no particular order are:

- what's a typical day for you with preschoolers (as I've read going out and about is/can be dangerous)?

- Can anyone recommend a good Kindy for my children in Lae?

- How is life out there with littlies? - I'm taking it there are no trips to the park? to the beach? etc... so what are the complexes like? do you hook up with others? is it lonely or social and I know you only get out what you put in but....?!?

- nappies/wipes - are they super expensive or relatively cheap? (do I ship a load over with us?!)

- availability of playgroups/Play Centres that sort of thing? Or is it more of go to other people's houses for 'play dates'? or meet by communal areas?

- what things do you wish you'd shipped over with you in hindsight?

- medical cover is included; my boys were premature and have had some health issues that (touch wood) are all resolved now but are their good Medical practices?  Any particular Drs that you'd recommend?

- did you get your kids immunised with Japanese Enc? or anything else before heading over?  Do yours take any anti-malarials? Do you recommend any roll on/sprays/deterrents (apart from cover up and avoid dawn/dusk)?

- are there any touch rugby clubs? football? swimming? gymnastics? music? art? that sort of thing for the children?

- is it a good lifestyle for families? or is it a huge compromise?

thanks in advance

:)

Hello sameboat.

Do not hesitate to browse the Papua New Guinea forum. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Lae is not a nice place for kids.
PNG can be dangerous at times.

I have lived and worked there on 6 different projects over many years and would not recommend it for families.