Problems with Mobily dongle

Anyone got a Mobily dongle?
Anyone got the same problems as me?
It works fine sometimes, but it seems like its speed varies from minute to minute, Did a speed test last night cos I was having problems with Skype, and found that one minute it was 4.5mbps then the next test came back at 0.45mbps, It also drops out at least 3 times a night. I have tested the speed in every area in my apartment and there is just no 'best'place for it to be.
Any techy folk out there got any ideas?
Thanks in advance
Al

Moestavern wrote:

Anyone got a Mobily dongle?
Anyone got the same problems as me?
It works fine sometimes, but it seems like its speed varies from minute to minute, Did a speed test last night cos I was having problems with Skype, and found that one minute it was 4.5mbps then the next test came back at 0.45mbps, It also drops out at least 3 times a night. I have tested the speed in every area in my apartment and there is just no 'best'place for it to be.
Any techy folk out there got any ideas?
Thanks in advance
Al

Hi Moestavern - You are lucky that you are getting the slow network atleast. In my case i have to go without the network for days... Some days it will behave like a nice kid on the block and on the other days it will behave like a spolit brat.... Anyways I wish u good luck with the Internetwhichever company) @ KSA !!!

Hi Moestavern,

I purchased ystrdy 4G dongle and was facing the same problem like loosing the connction often and red light is blinking most of the times. So, is ur problem fixed?

Vish.

did u try ADSL from STC ?

fast , no lose connection , unlimited download

Hmm..no got 4G LDE from Mobily...

Hi Everyone,

Can Mobily 4G USB Dongle used for other sim cards like STC??

Please Reply,

Thanks a ton!

vishukedari wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Can Mobily 4G USB Dongle used for other sim cards like STC??

Please Reply,

Thanks a ton!

Good Question :)

The answer is: NO. The USB dongles purchased from carrier outlets are LOCKED.

If you are good at technical stuff, you can try breaking the lock. I did it once ;)

Oh you boys and your dongles ;)