Any apartments or houses in Bali?

Dear All,

I am an Australian looking at working in Bali for a while. I will be working around the Kuta area.. However I know Kuta is sometimes more expensive than surrounding areas so I am ok to live in areas nearby that might be a bit cheaper.

I am hoping to find a 1 or 2 bedroom house or apartment that is furnished with hot/cold water shower and bath, kitchen with cooking facilities, cable tv, stove oven etc.. fridge and just basic standard amenities like that.

My budget is somewhere around 2 - 4 million per month, or if i was to pay 6 months maybe 15 - 20 mil or yearly maybe 30 million or so..

I have some friends from Australia who have found 2 bedroom furnished houses with these furnished amenities and they paid between 25 - 30 million a year , i was hoping to find something similar.. can anyone help me or any suggestions where I might be able to find something that is suitable for my budget?

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies :)

Brian

Hi Brian!

Maybe you could have a look at the Bali housing section.
You could also post an advert there with your expectations.

Good luck in your search.
Armand

Hi Brian,

You can find houses for 30mil a year, but realize this is very basic accommodation, far away from tourist areas. If you get lucky you might find something perfect, but western standards are hard to find at that price.

Try looking around all the small hotels on Poppies Gang. I found a place a while back that was at the back of a hotel for around that price, was a pretty good place for the price, small loft, kitchen. PM me I'll try to dig out where it was, it might be available again. Just go find the owner of a hotel and try to negotiate.

Good luck,

-CG

[Moderated: no free ads pls]

[Moderated]

Hi Brian....just want to know whether you have found a place to stay?

if you have facebook look up bali housing and accommodation or Bali House & Villa Rentals or BALI LONG TERM RENTALS there is no end of places for the area you are looking... good luck :)

[Moderated: Please post an ad in Housing section]

Hi Ibanez - you can have a look at my post about renting a house in Bali - it's a tricky business and is only really possible to do once in the country! Let me know if you need any more info.

Regards,
Steve