Best hair salon? :-)

Hi,

I'm new to HCMC  just got here about a month ago,
could anyone please tell me some good places to get your hair colored and cut?

Thanks!

In Vn, u just have some guys who really know how to cut hair. The big shop could have a nice salon but hair cut is ugly (even foreign owner)
In HN, mr. Andre (Viet guy)- No 1, Nha Tho Street => the best in VN => but the most expensive too. Price : from 50 usd to 200 usd
In HCM, mr.Thuan (Viet guy) - 212 le van sy - phu nhuan dist. => small shop but fast service + really good hair cut. Price: from 15 usd to 100 usd

Thank you so much!! Do you happen to know anyone in District 7?
I live in Phu My Hung, so Phu Nhuan is a little bit far but i'll go if he's worth it :-)

I don't know sbd in dist 7 for hair cut. It's quite far to go there from my dist but I keep going to phu nhuan dist. I know some HN peoples, they go to Toc Thuan each time they are in SG. If u work in dist 1, maybe u can go after work, le van sy - phu nhuan is near dist 1.

I can get to district 1,
how close to district 1 is it?

If you are in district 7, you should try:

MyMy salon hair at R4-50 Hưng Gia 4, Phú Mỹ Hưng, Q7, TP.HCM

or Lion hair SG 9-1, Grand View B area, Phu My Hung, District 7,

Let me know if you can not find them :D
Good luck

Thanks!

I will definitely check it out! :)

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum pls]

Thanks sent you  a message! :)

Vinh Khang Beauty Salon.  226 DeTham, D1.  Good prices, great service.

When I think why so much price difference ( 50-200 usd. /15 -100 usd) I can only imagine one price for the local and one price for the foreigner or someone trying to glorify themselves. A good hairstylist charges the same price for everyone esp. for a haircut no bias and is well trained/experienced in any ethicists of hair types (eg. Afro-curly/ India-oily/Asian- straight). There should be no price difference I the hair cut! I suggest you not find a salon but look for a hairstylist that understands your needs, listens to you, who charges a consistent reasonable price for everyone, gives you a free consultation /advice with every visit.

In Vn, u just have some guys who really know how to cut hair. The big shop could have a nice salon but hair cut is ugly (even foreign owner)
In HN, mr. Andre (Viet guy)- No 1, Nha Tho Street => the best in VN => but the most expensive too. Price : from 50 usd to 200 usd
In HCM, mr.Thuan (Viet guy) - 212 le van sy - phu nhuan dist. => small shop but fast service + really good hair cut. Price: from 15 usd to 100 usd

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Promotion of services on forum prohibited.

Y Not is a joke.
Charged me 500000vnd for a gents haircut.
Hair wash was rushed. It was more a case of wetting my head and going through the motions. Head massage was pitiful at best. Don't understand why it was even attempted.
Andre passed me to some youngster because he was "quicker".
The guy hadn't a word of english.
They had no clue even what a short back and sides is!!
Haircut (butchery more like) was completed in less than 15 mins.
i.e.Minimal effort.
Felt like i was being ripped off from the off when andre said "that beard is very you. Without it, it wouldn't be you".
I should have left right then.
Sign in the window says toni&guy and vidal sassoon trained.
I have been using both places in the uk for over 15 years.
If true, this guy hasn't learnt much. Ive had far better cuts in their training schools.

Off to get a number 1 all over.

AVOID.

I rarely ever write reviews but this rip off merchant should not go unchecked. I hope this helps save others from feeling as gutted as I do right now.