Elec. bill:Corrupted citizens fuel a corrupted system that rips us off

Quote: 1. Me and my wife for example were instructed (watch the wording) not to apply before 3 months

On thing I have found when speaking with many Maltese people in English is that they can present as being a bit brusque and aggressive. They can also present as being very authoritively directive.
One has to understand that when they speak in English that is usually their second language and as it is then the responsibility for understanding is down to the person who speaks English as their first language.
Maltese people can also be very passionate in their discussions (one thing I love about them) and this can be misinterpreted as them being aggressively argumentative.

redmik wrote:

On thing I have found when speaking with many Maltese people in English is that they can present as being a bit brusque and aggressive.

For one more time you interpret me wrong. Welcome back to the discussion. When I say "Instructed" I mean FROM the AUTHORITIES. If you are told NOT TO APPLY YET (the capital indicate the instruction and not the tone of my voice) you just don't do it. Then 3 months later you question your electricity and you are asked for the residential status. Then you mention that how could you since you were instructed not to and the answer is "Well the public servant didn't know". So it is not cultural. Watch my flags.... you see the first one? This is what exactly was happening there and this is exactly why they are in deep s..t now. Lots of public servants make uneducated guess and interpretations for simple rules. Maybe this i why I am negative, have seen this, know where it leads and it makes me afraid for the future...

janagn wrote:
redmik wrote:

On thing I have found when speaking with many Maltese people in English is that they can present as being a bit brusque and aggressive.

For one more time you interpret me wrong. Welcome back to the discussion. When I say "Instructed" I mean FROM the AUTHORITIES. If you are told NOT TO APPLY YET (the capital indicate the instruction and not the tone of my voice) you just don't do it. Then 3 months later you question your electricity and you are asked for the residential status. Then you mention that how could you since you were instructed not to and the answer is "Well the public servant didn't know". So it is not cultural. Watch my flags.... you see the first one? This is what exactly was happening there and this is exactly why they are in deep s..t now. Lots of public servants make uneducated guess and interpretations for simple rules. Maybe this i why I am negative, have seen this, know where it leads and it makes me afraid for the future...

Oh FFS!
This happens all over the world!!
I honestly believe that your world is so black and white that you are incapable of understanding that any shade of grey exists, let alone a spectrum of colours and of even contemplating that there is more than one way to interpret anything!
'Watch your flags', why? as by your own argument this happens elsewhere too.

redmik wrote:

Oh FFS!
:lol:

I will not try to persuade you for the opposite. I can only commit that positively and categorically it happens to a lesser extend (and in my case not at all) to UK. Or at least you don't have to interact with the state that often and thus the public servant is not that powerful

janagn wrote:
redmik wrote:

Oh FFS!
:lol:

I will not try to persuade you for the opposite. I can only commit that positively and categorically it happens to a lesser extend (and in my case not at all) to UK.

Not in the UK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You must be joking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol::lol:

redmik wrote:

This will lead us nowhere... Can only return to my initial argument, one's bad experiences is another's paradise. For me UK has been the most open welcoming and trouble free state I have lived. And it is funny enough if you consider that it is amidst the more Eurosceptic(??) Maybe that fact that is it the oldest European democracy has something to do with it. Again we are talking here about experiences and priorities.

However you are becoming aggressive again so I have to stop it here. Remember not everybody belong to your regiment any more... get used to it... this is life not army...

I am quite capable my friend of understanding english - i suggest  you re-read it - sorry but you are wrong...i got my id card within one week of application and my residency within 4 weeks - and my friend got his two months ago and it took him one week...where you get the delays from I do not know...may i suggest that the information you give in support of your application is not correct or is insufficient to continue

May I also suggest that if you know you are going to be here for more than 3 months it would follow that you apply for the necessary status at the earliest possible time.

and finally as this conversation is ridiculous and am not going to respond further as its clear to me....you just love to insult people who try to help you

please just leave the island and be happy elsewhere

janagn wrote:
redmik wrote:

This will lead us nowhere... Can only return to my initial argument, one's bad experiences is another's paradise. For me UK has been the most open welcoming and trouble free state I have lived. And it is funny enough if you consider that it is amidst the more Eurosceptic(??) Maybe that fact that is it the oldest European democracy has something to do with it. Again we are talking here about experiences and priorities.

However you are becoming aggressive again so I have to stop it here. Remember not everybody belong to your regiment any more... get used to it... this is life not army...

What the heck has that got to do with anything? You do not know me or my experiences and or education and work or my relationships.
If you had any experience you would understand that service life is about perceiving everything as being black and white, which I can assure you, I no longer do; having learned about the real world.
As for me becoming aggressive, now that really does take the biscuit!
The nub of it all is that Malta is Malta, UK is UK, Japan is Japan, Greece is Greece etc etc and one cannot in many respects compare one country with another.
When in Rome..................and all that.

toonarmy9752 wrote:

I am quite ca[able my friend fo undertsnading engloish - i suggest  you re-read it - sorry but you are wrong...i got my id card within one week of application and my residency within 4 weeks - and my friend got his two months ago and it took him one week...where you get the delays from I do not know...may i suggest that the information you give in support of your applicatiosn isnt correct or is insufficient to continue

I have a friend living there who also achieved the same.

toonarmy9752 wrote:

I am quite ca[able my friend fo undertsnading engloish - i suggest  you re-read it - sorry but you are wrong...i got my id card within one week of application and my residency within 4 weeks - and my friend got his two months ago and it took him one week...where you get the delays from I do not know...may i suggest that the information you give in support of your applicatiosn isnt correct or is insufficient to continue

Didn't imply that your English is bad. The ID indeed takes 1 week but the residency may take 4+ week. Equally to a friend of mine took 4 months! The point is that till I get it (4 weeks, 4 months) plus 3 past months I am charged for electricity in a unknown rate...

Anyway the discussion leads nowhere. Maybe it is after all an issue of discrimination that some people are willing to accept and some are very proud to.

Janagn, see some of these for other discussions on the same topic(s)

https://www.expat.com/forum/341-22-cost … malta.html

janagn For me UK has been the most open welcoming and trouble free state I have lived. And it is funny enough if you consider that it is amidst the more Eurosceptic(??) [b wrote:

Maybe that fact that is it the oldest European democracy[/b] has something to do with it.

Apart from Greece :-)

georgeingozo wrote:
janagn For me UK has been the most open welcoming and trouble free state I have lived. And it is funny enough if you consider that it is amidst the more Eurosceptic(??) [b wrote:

Maybe that fact that is it the oldest European democracy[/b] has something to do with it.

:thanks:

redmik wrote:
georgeingozo wrote:

I am sure that if you had the faintest historical knowledge other than the one History Channel provides, you wouldn't enjoy living in the Athenian Democracy of 5BC. Nevertheless this democracy lasted for 100 years. Compare it with the British one and you get your answer...

Have to admit though that although you consider the topic invalid, you are all around it. I am touched! Sorry I left you alone, had to get my kids to the playground I am back though to remind you that my intention was NOT to ask advices. We all know that you need IDs and Residential Certificates and a pile of c...p to have your life going in Malta. To this extend I do apologize as I was caught in a discussion that was out of context. My point was (unlikely you will understand as you have promoted yourself as patriarchs of the Maltese expats) that you have to try hard to get your electricity bill and thus control of your domestic life under your name. So till the next simplistic, bulling, military inspired and historically uneducated response you will come with... bye bye...

Game, set and match gentlemen.

This has to be one of the best troll bashing threads I've read in a long while.  I particularly liked Rooikat's input...

"Janagn, You just don't get it, do you? Loads of ranting, verbosity, opinionated, emotional and all in all presenting a picture of a sad and very rude personae - I'm glad that you are thinking of leaving the island, I'd hate to make your acquaintance.
You will probably reply with another 600 word dissertation that will bore all of us all over again, which I won't bother to reply to. Good riddance."

Mick, Toon and George............

sorry I am abroad with no time to reread everything. This thread remains closed until I receive a reopening request from our active members (only). Please contact me in private if needed.

Closed