Nurses salary

hi.. i'm puspha from singapore.. i wud like to take up nursing course in mauritus and work there as a nurse as well. wat is the montthly salary of a registered nurse?

Hi Pushpa and welcome to the expat-blog community,

After a quick research with our friend Google, I found this nursing school for you.

Check out their website for full information on their courses. They also have jop opportunities after you graduate.

Good luck to you
Arlette

Hi Arlette,

Thanks for replying.. m i allowed to work while studying? how is the earning like in mauritus? do u think i can live a comfortable life over there? is there any benefits for nurses?

Puspha wrote:

Hi Arlette,

Thanks for replying.. m i allowed to work while studying? how is the earning like in mauritus? do u think i can live a comfortable life over there? is there any benefits for nurses?

Hi again,

Sorry to say but I'm not able to reply to your questions which are really specific to your profession. In general, I would say that salaries are not very high in Mauritius (but if my memory is correct we already discussed this privately and I gave you some advice regarding finding a job).

Leading a comfortable life in Mauritius depends of course on salary but also on your personal needs and your objectives.

Cheers
Arlette

Hey Cuckoo
Welcome to this blog.
If you would have read the messages in this discussion, you would have noticed that it's the link I already provided to Pushpa in my first message LOL.
Arlette

Hi Pushpa
Personally i would not advise you to take a nursing job in Mauritius .... training is not up to the standard and salary for qualified nurse not good .... i have worked for 22 years as a nurse in Mauritius but had to move to London because nurses are not valued there ....so you decide but it is NOT recommended to take a nursing job there ....

I am constantly in touch with my fellow colleague nurses in Mauritius and i can conclude from my nursing experience in London and in Mauritius that nursing in Mauritius is going downhill ..... nurses are not valued for their skills and knowledge and the noble job they perform ....... i would never think of going back and work in hospitals in Mauritius ....this is my personal opinion .... Nurses who would like to make a nursing career in Mauritius should make their own judgement .....

hey there, u got different clinics around the island also, check them online(clinics=private hospitals)

> clinique de lorette
> appollo bramwell
> clinique darne
> clinique ferriere
> clinique mauricienne
> clinique bon pasteur

u have have their email addresses, and write to them
have a happy week, i'm enjoying my hols,
Selamat jalan,
islander.

hi im tayleen and im in grade 11 and i would like to take up nursing in mauritius as my career when i finish school,but i want to know whats the salary and qualifications and how it is to be a nurse there?

I 100% agree with Rajesh. Take his advice Pushpa.

Hi Pushpa,

It is cheap to study nursing here compared to western countries. Compared to Eastern contries such India, thailand, taiwan and China, it is more expensive though.

Studying here is hard though. What I would recommend is the nursing course they provide at the doctor school here. Check its website. Quite cheap and good recognition of their certificates. You will not have time to earn money because your studies will demand most of your time.

Up to you now.....Good luck nyways

My wife has 10 years plus experience in nursing so naturally she is fully trained.

How much could she earn in both the public and private hospitals a month?

Any help appreciated!!

Adrian

helloo everyone...
I am Arsh from India. i finished my M.sc nursing in community health nursing from Amritsar, India. I am searching nursing job in Mauritius  according to my qualification.

Hi i am Shweta from India. I had finished my M.Sc nursing in community health nursing. Now searching job in Mauritius in my own field. Please give me suggestion and tell about the pay scale of nurses.

Arshdeep wrote:

Hi i am Shweta from India. I had finished my M.Sc nursing in community health nursing. Now searching job in Mauritius in my own field. Please give me suggestion and tell about the pay scale of nurses.

Hello, you may apply to Appollo bramwell hospital, darne clinic, clinique lorette, or clinic du nord..

hope to welcome you soon on the paradise island. :)

sir plzzz tel me that Is any registration from Mauritius is required for that??????? what is d exact procedure to apply there????? what salary packages they are giving??????

hi i am Anil Kumar from india,have done GNM & have 3 years of experience in nursing. I want to work in mauritius as a male nurse, How could i get job there,please revert.

HAI...
  I HAVE FINISHED MY MSC NURSING IN OBG FROM INDIA... WOULD LIKE TO TRY FOR JOB IN MAURITIUS.... CAN SOMEONE HELP ME TO HAVE AN IDEA ABOUT THE PAY SCALE FOR MSC NURSES, COST OF LIVING THERE FOR A FAMILY AND WHETHER I CAN GET A TUTOR POST THERE..... PLS GIVE SOME GUIDELINESSSSSS......

@ annmerin > Please write only in small letters on the forum, it will help to ease the reading and make your text appear more friendly.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

Hai Mam,
Thanks for your reply. can u help me to find an answer for my doubts regarding my profession...
                                                                                                                                             Annmerin

Hai dear friend...
                  Hru doing... I am ANN... r u working in mauritius now....

Hi annmerin > please have a look at other topics on the Mauritius forum. You will find some useful info. If you have specific questions, please start your own discussion on the forum and ask your questions.
Thank you.

Don't ever come to mauritius for a nursing job
it will be your life worst mistake
nurses have no value here
we work for 10hrs per day
as for the salary  nurses live off craps here
the load of work is very high and
the salary we get is very very minimal and is even less than even a trash collector
so many years of study and sacrifice and performing such a noble job but here nobody know a real value of a nurse nor he is renumerated correctly
its not advisable to come and practice here