5 good reasons for living in the USA

Hi,

if someone asks you the best reasons for making the choice to live and stay in the USA, what would be your top 5?

Thanks in advance for participating,

Julien

my top 5 reasons as follows :-

i. Freedom
2. Land of oppurtunity
3. Advanced country
4. Rich country
5. Purchasing power of dollar (living costs are reasonable)

But i have never been to usa.

1.Freedom - may be short lived thanks to NDAA & The Patriot Act
2.Land of Opportunity - still true
3. Advanced Country - still true
4. Rich Country - moving  quickly towards a Fascist, 3rd world status
5. Purchasing power - may be a short lived luxury thanks to QE3

i. Freedom - I don't feel any more free and I resent being treated like a criminal when seeking employment i.e. drug tests for new hires.
2. Land of oppurtunity - Ok.
3. Advanced country - A little too advanced in someways, don't like having to talk to machines every time I want to call my bank, cable company etc. I hate banking in the USA. Too much wasting time dealing with poorly trained and overly peppy associates.
4. Rich country - For some, inequality is highest in developed world.
5. Purchasing power of dollar (living costs are reasonable)  - Ya, except for anything health care related.

AHAH it depends where you live in the United States!!
I'm currently living in a little city

I lived in Illinois... I survived there with the goal to move to Texas...

1. Texans are very friendly; a real pleasure

2. the Tropical aspect of East Texas (lot of trees, plants, flowers), hilly, (could you imagine Texas so??)

3. Americans are discreet and respectful.. not at all nosy(and so polite they rarely say what they think...); you can let a lot of stuff outside (no fence), they won't steal them ; you can walk - even late in the evening, no problem

4. do you have abalities? are you a slogger? do you have brainstorms? with a strong professional business plan (and some money), you'll be very welcome

5. they are proud to be American! and take care of their Freedom

and so more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rich country??? it depends for whom!!! get a ride on the little roads in many states....
maybe a lot of high salaries...  but a lot of loans too....

@neveralone - Can you please write in english on this Anglophone forum so that everyboby can understand? :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

I'm sorry... done!

Adventure
The opportunity to meet with incredible people
Do amazing things
Better job opportunities
The opportunity to do something interesting
Chance of develop a unique skill

The friendliest people in the world - this is easy when you have people from literally all over the world.

The best food in the world - also because American food is just a local version of food from everywhere in the world.

Amazing scenery - lakes, rivers, mountains, deserts, beaches, glaciers, volcanoes, geysers, canyons, plains, swamps, tropical islands, 2 oceans and every kind of weather you could ask for.

Anyone who wants to work hard can be as successful as they want.

It's the greatest country in the world.