Seeking NGO/Think-tank Job. UK: LLB,MSc., Teacher.

Dear all,

I am hoping to come to Nairobi soon, perhaps in January.

I am 26 and I am coming to look for work in large NGOs, think-tanks, international development consultancy companies, or government bodies. I am especially interested in educational policy and provision but I am interested in any area of international development.

I was wondering how easy it is to find this sort of work in Kenya. I have a Masters degree in Development and experience working for an English think-tank, large international charities and large consultancy companies.  I am also a qualified primary school teacher and so I would also teach or do tuition if I could not find international development work straight away.

I'm coming to Kenya for work but also because I am fed up of life in London. I've been to Nairobi before and want to move here for at least a year.

I'd really appreciate anyone getting back to me, either here or via private message. Any thoughts on how possible it is, any contacts, info on what the expat community for young people is like, and so on, greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Kate

hello! When are you coming? Ill be there from february with a similar project..

welcome - if you need any information please dont hesitate to get in touch with me - otherwise you may browse thru the forum and pick up lots of relevant info

HI,
how to enter would work for free, for a while, and after meeting managers personally, try to move up in a prudent, with a low profile to avoid attracting much attention. ;)

Asante sana

Hello Mikaya

Thank you for your participation on this thread, however kindly note that kate created the latter in 2011 and has not been much active since!

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team