Dogs/cats boarding kennels

Hi animal lovers, I will need to go abroad for a couple of weeks in December and I wondered if anyone knew a reliable caring place where I could leave my pets? Thank you

Hi pinkpoodle, as far as I am aware there are not any good boarding kennels, if there are I would like to know about it as well.  We usually travel a couple of times a year and organise a house sitter to stay in our home with our 3 dogs and 3 cats.  Good luck finding care for your pets.

I can't remember which one it was but there's a magazine called Panorama which had an article on boarding kennels a few weeks back (threw mine away a couple of days ago).

Hi
I saw the same article in Panorama and have also thrown it out!
From what I remember it was a lady in Curepipe who had the boarding kennels and it did look very good.

Hi The name of the lady featured in the magzine Panorama is Yasmin Timol. She was at Curepipe but for the past two years has been at Moka...there is mention of her in an article on this site( Guide..miscellaneous) Mobile number is 9330502.

call the local vets around - there are some boarding kennels in Tamarin that I use.

Good to know there are boarding facilities available.  Has anyone actually used any of them and what can you tell us about them, type of facilities, level of care, exercise and interaction with kennel owners and other animals, food and charges etc.?

Sorry have no personal knowledge as our dogs stay at home with house/dog sitters when we go abroad but I think a friend has and will ask her.

Hello, I confirm that Yasmin Timol in Moka, is a good address. Hope it will help you all ;>

hi! [Moderated] and decided to share our experience. We have two dogs and twice we left them with Mrs Timol. After we came back from our first trip to take our dogs, dogs lost some weight and were dirty. But have to amit that she took a good care of our amstaff puppy esp his ears that were just cropped before our departure. When it was time for us to go abroad again, we left our dogs with her, because at this time we didn't have any other choice. But when we returned it was a nightmare. both dogs were so skinny esp amstaff. i have never seen such a skinny dog, he was all in scars (fighting with other dogs as she told us) and he didnt have any voice at all. he didn't eat and didn't drink. same day we brought the dog to our vet. it turned out that the dog had got some infection and as the vet told us, we were just in time to come to save the dog.And if we didnt come, would she let the dog die like this??

Thanks for your comments.  I guess it really does depend on how well you want your dogs cared for.  I expect mine to have a very high standard of care, attention and exercise.  Lucky for us we have a housesitter who can come to Mauritius again this year and they love and care for our dogs and cats as much as we do.  We are so happy to have them.

This is truly horrible marusia,how lucky it was you came back on time to save your dog. I now ask how can a woman who neglects animals left in her care be recognized in panorama as a reliable caring person? This is filling me with dread...who can you trust?

Hi Pinkpoodle, it is very difficult to make a decision on the information to hand, but one bad experience from one person would be enough for me, I would not risk my animals being mistreated.  Having said that, the best way to find out is to investigate for yourself, meet the kennel owner, look at the facilities and the animals in care, nothing like a first hand look around.  Would be very interested to hear what you find if you do find a good kennel.

Loustikettichat - please give more detailed information on your experience with this lady and her Kennels.  How do you know it is a 'good addres'? Has she looked after your animals?

This is quite stressing as i was intending on dropping off my dogs there on thursday. After reading this, i'll have to arrange something else. Does anayone have a contact person who does feeding?

Xoli wrote:

This is quite stressing as i was intending on dropping off my dogs there on thursday. After reading this, i'll have to arrange something else. Does anayone have a contact person who does feeding?

Maybe try to find a house sitter - then you know someone will be with them especially if you are going away overnight.

Surely there must be someone kind and reliable in our area?

Dee

i know someone who do these kind of sutff ...she does dog caring :)

Hi to all.  I do daily house sitting,for cats,dogs,birds,fish, houseplants, etc. These are the areas close to me: Goodlands, St Antoine, Grand Gaube (North/East area of the island).  I am an avid animal lover, and very involved in caring for abused and abandoned animals.  I have references from the MSPCA, as well as PAWS as a contributing member.

Aristochiens wrote:

Hi all animal lovers,

My name is Melissa Laure and I do have a Kennel in Bambous (west coast). We do also have a grooming parlour, a shop and we do breeding of yorkshire terrier. All our clients are satisfied of our services as we do take very good care of all animals that come to us, as we are also animal lovers. We are two vet nurse working together. I myself live at the kennels, as they must always be someone here to look after them. Feel free to contact us for any additional information.
Here are our details:

Melissa Laure
Mobile: 798 50 45 / 721 73 60
Tel: 452 59 84

Rachel Ducray
Mobile: 771 87 88

Toilettage, Boutique, Chenil & Elevage de Yorkshire Terrier
(Grooming, Pet Shop, Kenneling & Breeding of Yorkshire Terrier)
ARISTOCHIENS
Avenue des Folles Herbes
Eaux-Bonnes
Bambous

Find us also on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/aristochiens.mauritius

I have just returned with Pink Poodle from checking the above kennels and I can vouch that they are very clean, very well organised, the dogs they have there look very well cared for, the setting is lovely and private and secure.
She told us if the dog is small and friendly with other dogs then it is free to wander in and out of the house and will sleep in the house.

We also checked out the actual kennels, they are light and airy with good sized runs.

We were so impressed we told the lady to come onto this site, hence her posting above.

She was friendly and knowledgeable about dogs.

Thanks Rosie - good information to have.  What about large very friendly dogs :) ???

HeyJude wrote:

Thanks Rosie - good information to have.  What about large very friendly dogs :) ???

Hi Jude,
The large dogs obviously do not have access to the house, but we saw the large dog kennels, good size with good size outdoor runs,
which open onto a good size exercise area, again fully secure.

Apparently they are let out into the exercise area a few times a day - although the runs were a good size.

This is the first one that we have checked out that is very good,
some are awful.

Hope you are well :)
Dee

It was a very good feeling to find a home from home for my westie when we go back to uk . I think he will be happy there and make new furry friendships!
Melissa told us the large dogs were kept in the large pens we visited and they have access to a large grassy area where they can exercise.I think you must go and see for yourself and ask all the questions you need to to feel reassured your pet will be well cared for.
When Rosie and I visited aristochiens today we met 2 genuine professional animal lovers and several happy dogs!
I will be reporting back on my return in December.

Hi Dee and Pink Poodle

I am very happy to read your report and should we need to use the kennels I will go for a visit.

Dee - LOL - i was teasing, my big girl (all 65kg's) of her will be very upset not to be allowed in the house, she thinks she is still a 10kg puppy ;-) and sulks big time when she does not get her way.  To be honest I am not sure how she would survive in Kennels but good to know they are available.

Happy Diwali :)

Hi every one i'm arriving in mauritius troux biches for 7 months if anyone wants there dog cared for while on holiday please get intouch im a retired hairdresser from uk newcastle and living between mauritius seychelles and reunion where i took care of a golden retriver and he loved me so no worries with me please please call i will do it very good price ........even house sit .....im 50 years old so very mature .

[email protected] +447711865995 in seychelles until 26 nov when i arrive i shall get my new no .........i will be living right on the beach so nice walks in trou biches plus i shall get a car so if the doggy like to travel it can visit other nice beaches. .

anntropez wrote:

[email protected] +447711865995 in seychelles until 26 nov when i arrive i shall get my new no .........i will be living right on the beach so nice walks in trou biches plus i shall get a car so if the doggy like to travel it can visit other nice beaches. .

Hi Ann

Let me have your number when you arrive in Mauritius.
My husband is from Newcastle originally :)

Regards
Dee

Ok Dee no problem i shall be intouch when i return 26 nov cant wait to get back Mauritius .

Hello,

If anyone has information about a boarding kennel for cats (a part from Mrs Timol's place), I would be very greatful; it seems very difficult to find such a place here in Mauritius..!
Thanks in advance.
/Nina

Hi,I too have been looking for a cattery but I havent been successful either, lucky for me my neighbours offered to take my keys and care for my cat.Maybe you could talk to your neighbours too they may be cat worshippers like mine!

Hi, we live in the North and have a Yorkshire Terrier. I found amazing Kennels in Black River - Kristina Bestel is wonderful,the Kennels are at her home.  The trip to drop our precious Yorkie is worth it, as we are able to go on holiday without worrying about her.  She is well loved and looked after by Kristina!! Her email if you are interested -  [email protected]

Hi, am looking for a persian or angora kitten.

arum wrote:

Hi, am looking for a persian or angora kitten.

In this heat ;)

Today I have yet again learnt of a very very sad case of neglect which has ended in the death of a loved dog - the dog had been left at boarding kennels on the Island for one month.

When it was collected it was full of wounds, malnourished and very weak, a vet was called and it died in the ladies arms - so so sad.

These kennels have on previous occasions had similar experiences, so please tell me someone why can this person continue to operate boarding kennels for dogs - why have they not been prosecuted and closed down - remember sometimes when you visit "lovely" looking kennels - all is not as it seems!

So so upsetting :(

Wish I could set up professionally, warm and caring kennels on the Island for our pets.

Hi everyone,

I would be grateful if someone is able to recommend a good cattery or maybe even a cat sitter in the Tamarin area or nearby.  If I can find a carer for kitty I would like to go away for a week in December.

I have tried contacting several kennels but they do not have any facilities to look after cats.

Many thanks

Nasbonnie wrote:

Hi everyone,

I would be grateful if someone is able to recommend a good cattery or maybe even a cat sitter in the Tamarin area or nearby.  If I can find a carer for kitty I would like to go away for a week in December.

I have tried contacting several kennels but they do not have any facilities to look after cats.

Many thanks

Hi,
We always get a house sitter in for our pets as it means they are in familiar surroundings and therefore don't get stressed - our preference :)

We use the following:
Africa > Mauritius > Business > Human Services > Concierge Services

The lady is called Sameera - and she loves animals :)

Also if you are on FB, there is a group on there called Black River mums, its a closed group so if one of your friends is a member they can add you - there is a great list of house sitters on there.

We have had friends who recently used someone's mum and dad who were visiting from SA, they stayed for 6 weeks, house sitting a total of 4 houses and pets - all done through BRM;s.

Anymore help I can give, then drop me a message :)

Hi, Please note that several posts were moved from this thread.

Thanks,
Harmonie.

Haiii may i know how much it will cost for a cat to be care by u...

o'chadog in pte aux cannoniers offers such services. inbox me for number.

Hello everyone  I m finding someone to take care of my cats has my visa will be finish in dis month dont know  will get more visa to stay  so I m looking for someone who can really  take good care for my cats.  I leave in flacq pls help me to get information for this.. thank u
My name Daksha Patel
My no ***

Moderated by Diksha 2 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum for security reasons.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct