5 good reasons for living in Romania

Hi,

if someone asks you the best reasons for making the choice to live and stay in Romania, what would be your top 5?

Thanks in advance for participating,

Julien

You've never lived in Ukraine, have you?

1. Food, not like in Italy but you will find a large number of Italian, French restaurants
2. Low cost of living - imagine that the average monthly net salary is approx. 350 Euro.
3. Landscape - untouched nature, many places which looks like 100 years ago (e.g. Transylvania, Bucovina and Dobrogea).
4. Mediterranean type country  - bars and restaurants are usually open till 4-5 a.m.
5. Friendly people

I'd have to say...

1 Friendly people
2 Not difficult to live in even if you don't speak Romanian (Most people speak or understand English, movies are in original languages etc)
3 Hilarious TV shows like Romania can't dance (Romania's version of Dancing with the stars)
4 Pitzipoancas (They make my day)
5 S M I L E Y <3 <3

Hi Julian,

Having just purchased a place in Bucharest with the intention of eventually retiring to Romania I would say that the weather, the cost of living would be my top 2. After that it would be family as my wife is Romanian and so I will get plenty of help with things.

Hope this helps a little.

Regards,

Dave

1. Low cost of living
2. Tiny council tax
3. Ability to own property without selling your soul to a bank
4. Fresh and seasonal fruit and veg that aren't overpriced
5. Good climate (although I could happily give Jan/Feb a miss)

5 good reasons?

1.low cost of living, this i excellant if you earn a good wage!
2.very beautifull countryside (outside Bucharest)
3.freindly and helpfull people (outside Bucharest in general)
4.fresh and good food
5.easy going less stressfull lifestyle, compared to the UK.

Lindochka wrote:

I'd have to say...

1 Friendly people
2 Not difficult to live in even if you don't speak Romanian (Most people speak or understand English, movies are in original languages etc)
3 Hilarious TV shows like Romania can't dance (Romania's version of Dancing with the stars)
4 Pitzipoancas (They make my day)
5 S M I L E Y <3 <3

Ohh sweety , you can find pitzipoanca enough in your country as well. Tell them to clean them after drinking 1litre of vodka.
Next time when you look to our bad sides , look a little bit in your garden as well.
For the rest , all the best. And if is something who stink for you in our country , just leave please.

I think you didn't really get what I was saying.
I like pitzipoancas. They are usually good looking and don't seem to bother anyone. Why would anyone be mad at them?

I actually like Romania, especially the people here so clearly you have misunderstood me.

PS I'm not Russian, I just love vodka <3 <3 <3 (It's also the alcohol with the least amount of sugar so 'grand' for diabetics :-)))))

[moderated :we don't understand a word of your message]

5 reasons?

1- Beautiful women
2- Beautiful women
3- Beautiful women
4- Beautiful women
5- Beautiful women

1. The cops are quite funny

2. Waiters who seem to price things at 3 times the menu rate for
foreigners

3. Lovely taxi drivers who get lost going from the Bucharest Marriott to the Old Town

4. Guys who grab you as soon as you talk to a Romanian lass

5. Internet service is so great

Seriously though

1. Produce here is great, especially fruit and veg.

2. The women are stunning for the most part.

3. Bars and clubs are fun.

4. Good set up for expats, as far as housing, immigration, banking etc.

5. Easy language to learn.

I want to live and work in Romania. I am an Indian. I am a computer infrastructure engineer (IT). Please give me some tips to achieve my goals .

Kind Regards,
   Joe

1.friendly people
2.romanian mountains
3.black sea
4.transilvanya
5.easy language