Rent for 1 room apartment !!

Hi All,

I am planning to come to tunis for work. I have a job in my hand but before saying yes to them, i want to make sure about accomodation charges in Tunis.
i want to know how much rent for one room apartment or single room flat please?
general idea or range in T-dinar.
My decision is delaying just because of this Accomodation stuff!!!
is it possible with 250TDinar ?? if not then how much

Thanks

please reply and give me some Figures!!!

It is very difficult to find a flat for that price.
May be in very "modest" areas and unfurnished.
You have may be to look for a flatmate and share a flat of 400 dinars.
Good luck.

thanks Salambo

do we find room partner easily in tunis ??
and do we have any concept of pay in guest in tunis ??

Welcome.
There is no real tradition of guest and pay, it is easy to find an english speaking student or clerck with whom you can share a flat, I think it is the best alternative.
Put an ad in the universities (faculté 9 avril, Insitut Ibn Charaf, Bourguiba School, etc.)

ok this sounds good, i will try
thank you very much

Hi Fawwad, Its easy to find place to stay in Tunis. Charges vary depending on the location of your stay. Where is your office in Tunis ? You plan to rent a car? looking at these factors, you should decide on your location of your stay. Also, accommodation prices might be less if you make contract for long term for the house. And the houses come empty/furnished. I am staying in a furnished house for 700 dinar in one of the posh area in Tunis with all businesses around. This is just for your information. let me know if you need more details.

thank you jogesh.

well, i am offered a car from Employer.
I want to make sure about accommodation expense, my office will be in ARAIANA.
so, any place near ariana would be ideal...
any idea for RENT, i know it must vary but i need some general idea some range (200 to 400)!! ? or something else...

and what are the possiblities for apartment sharing!!!
do we get people easily, as above one friend told we can find some students...

how long is your exp. in tunisia jogesh ?
and how is the experience :)

Hi fawwad
hope you are doing well
Daily expenses and accomodation charges depend on the location where you are planning to stay. well i'm studying at campus of Manar II which is almost 5 km away from Ariana city and i have friends renting flats of 3 rooms and kitchen but unfurnished with 400 DNT/month and 350 DNT/month and even lower. Generaly renting apartments and houses closing to universities campuses is sheap and affordable 
For the daily expenses wich include food, coffe, shopping... it actualy depends on your personal goals of your stay, wether you like to enjoy being in a foreign country or save money for something you want to do, but know that cost of living in tunis is a bit sheap comparing with european countries
You're welcome

Jebali Bassem wrote:

Hi fawwad
hope you are doing well
Daily expenses and accomodation charges depend on the location where you are planning to stay. well i'm studying at campus of Manar II which is almost 5 km away from Ariana city and i have friends renting flats of 3 rooms and kitchen but unfurnished with 400 DNT/month and 350 DNT/month and even lower. Generaly renting apartments and houses closing to universities campuses is sheap and affordable 
For the daily expenses wich include food, coffe, shopping... it actualy depends on your personal goals of your stay, wether you like to enjoy being in a foreign country or save money for something you want to do, but know that cost of living in tunis is a bit sheap comparing with european countries
You're welcome

HI Bassem,

thanks alot for your reply.
humm well if we can have 3 rooms for 400.
so, it means we may get 1 room or 2 room flat for 200 that would be great... i would like to stay near Ariana so, easier to reach office and get back home.
later as you said, place near university would be quite good as far rent is concerned.
cant we live in Hostle !!! just a question ?

humm in start I may go for some extra expense but after a month, i would like to live economical life and save good amount...

Thanks

Hi
Yes it would be better to look for apartment that is close to universities if you want affordable prices and you can share it with english speaking students so that you reach the 200 DNT/month and even lower may be 100 DNT/month if you are more than 3. Anyway once you will be in Tunisia and that you know more places you  can choose and change for something better

For your question i think there are hostels in tunis downtown and they host foreign visitors but i'm not sure if there are some in Ariana city nor the prices but i will see that and i will tell you next time if you want

thanks

ohh this would be great help to me. if you come up with more information.
really Appreciate the feedback.
please get me information about hostle (rent,place)

Hi
I found this one "YHA Tunis Auberge Medina". It is close to the historical center of Tunis, the souks, the Medina and shopping centers ( 5EURO per night per person food included) and with furnished rooms. Many foreign visitors recommend it. take a look at this
hostelz.com/hostel/3543-HI---Tunis---Auberge-de-Jeunesse-de-Tunis-M%C3%A9dina-Hostel

Hi Bassem,

really nice information...
i look at the web and i found "Basic 6 Bed Male Dorm" for 7 Euro.
please correct me, 1 Euro = 2 T Dinar
so, this will be 14T dinar for 1 night
for 30 nights  30 * 14 = 420 T dinar
and does it include (Break fast and Diner)?? since lunch must be out for everyone...

If Breakfast and Diner included so, this can be consider...

but as you said 5 Euros so, this would be 300 T dinar IDEAL!!

Please help me here...

one more thing i notice there is no option for parking:(
If parking may be there, this gonna rock...

Thanks

fawwad wrote:

Hi Bassem,

really nice information...
i look at the web and i found "Basic 6 Bed Male Dorm" for 7 Euro.
please correct me, 1 Euro = 2 T Dinar
so, this will be 14T dinar for 1 night
for 30 nights  30 * 14 = 420 T dinar
and does it include (Break fast and Diner)?? since lunch must be out for everyone...

If Breakfast and Diner included so, this can be consider...

but as you said 5 Euros so, this would be 300 T dinar IDEAL!!

Please help me here...

one more thing i notice there is no option for parking:(
If parking may be there, this gonna rock...

Thanks

Are you still considering coming to Tunis?

An appartment fot 250 dinars is pretty much hard to find. Your best bet is a shared appartment. The hostel which someone mentioned earlier is in Tunis Center which is very far from Ariana. There is Metro from Center to Ariana but you have to consider transportation cost and time wasted (morning and evenings, metro s crowded). Even if you have car, roads in the morning and evening are jammed, so better find a shared apartment near Ariana.

Cost of living nowadays is high due to the political turmoil. But once things get to normal (hopefully in a few days) prices of food will come down as well.

Compared to Pakistan, clothes and shoes are expensive here. So bring alot of clothes and shoes from Pakistan. In food items, some things like potatoes, tomatoes, onions etc... are cheaper than Pakistan. Others like meat and some fruits are expensive (meat both lamb and cow costs around 900 pakistani rupees per kg). On average you can expect to spend 100-200 dinars on food per month if you are single.

Hi Aqil,

Its pleasure to find some pakistani in Tunisia :)
hope you are fine considering this hard time.
yes, i m still considering tunisia for job. i think things may get settled in couple of weeks...

how is your experience in tunisia ?

do you think i will get shared apartment near ariana easily ??

Hi Fawaad and welcome to Tunisia,

You can find flatshare easily in Tunis, no problem. check on tunisie-annonce.com or send me an email with your enquiry, and i will try to help you.

Take care
Ouissem

@wis2nice

thanks for you the web link.
i will try and sure i will ask you for more help :)

Hi, Man from Nigeria, i know a partment for $450 usd, can we share it? it is very nice and in the city center.

I am planning to come to tunis this month. i want to rent furnish one room apartment or single room flat. can i get some in city center for $150usd? if not how much?