Residency certificate

Hi everyone!

I am going to marry a Mauritian in Spain next year and Spanish authorities are requesting a certificate of residency of her in Mauritius in order to do that. We are both living abroad now(although there is no Mauritian embassy here to register or to help with that) and we don't know where we can get such certificate in Mauritius. I would appreciate if someone could help us with this, unfortunately Mauritian authorities are not that much helpful.

Thanks so much!!

Hi Ivilitu,

I don't think such kind of certificate is existing here, there is not even any kind of register existing who is living where.

Your mauritian lady should be aware of that! Proof of address within the country is provided by submitted an electricity bill or telephone bill.

I guess what your authorities over there are looking for is an avidavit where 2 mauritian persons here have to go to court and declare that they know your girl, kwno here last address and as well whether she has ever contracted a marriage, civilly or religiously ). Your girls should therefore make 2 familymembers do that asap.

Best regards

Michael

Hi!

Thank you so much for the information. We will try that. Any other place, it could have been easily arranged through the embassy, but there is nothing like that here.

Really appreaciate the answer! thanks