Expat blog gatherings in Hurghada

Hi all!

What about meeting the other Hurghada Expat.com members in real life? Organizing an Expat.com meet up would be an excellent way to know them! :)

An Expat.com meet up can be a diner gathering, having coffee, a bring and share in a nice place, a cultural or sports activity, etc. There are plenty of possibilities: just imagine a pleasant way to meet new people and old friends from Expat.com.

Feel free to organize Expat.com get-togethers in Hurghada: you would meet the other members in a friendly atmosphere and have a good time together!

Of course, we could offer some help to organize your meet up and to inform the community.

So, who's in? Do not hesitate to start a new thread to suggest an Expat.com gathering in Hurghada. ;)

Best,

Julien

i like this idea too i need to venture out more. lol

I'm in. We need three things: venue, date, time.
A bit about me: Married to an Egyptian for 3 years although we met in 1975. Spend half the time here, the other in London. Would enjoy meeting up and, especially (!) recommendations for a really good gym!

Hello LAVALLA,

Thank you for your introduction.

Does any of you have any idea about the venue?

All I can suggest is Palma House Apartments which has a restaurant on the ground floor, and is owned by Shereif Shalabi, who knows my husband so we wouldn't receive unwanted attention. It's on the Sheraton Road opposite the Dream Beach club. We can sit outside or inside, eat or not and I feel comfortable there.

Finelly, some one come up with a good idea, I am in, Just let us know when & where, well be great to get togther

Ashraf.

Hi,
How about this meeting? I hope I am not too late. I'd love to meet some more people becouse I feel little bored here since I have here only 2 foreign friends.

Hi I belong to Lotus Ladies a group of expat ladies, we meet every Wednesday in a coffee shop on the Marina from 13-15 now as it is the winter and from 15-17 in the summer. 

Shereif's restaurant is good [does great fresh pasta] and is opposite the Marriot Hotel, but it may be out of the way for some expats, you need somewhere central.I am sure that his wife will want to join in they are Egyptian but have lived in Germany for a considerable time.  Sheraton Road is central and has lots of coffee shops but is too noisey.  If this idea gets off the ground count me in please.

Regarding recommendations for a really good gym Gold's is unfortunately as good as it gets in Hurghada.

Hi, if there is already a group meeting at the Marina on Wednesdays, I would be pleased to join it instead of creating another group. What do you think?
Plus the Grand Gym was recently recommended but it sounded expensive. Does anyone know it?

The Lotus group is LADIES only, it would be very good to start a mixed group.

You pay for what you get in Hurghada, the other gyms have poor equipment and instructors!

LAVALLA wrote:

I'm in. We need three things: venue, date, time.
A bit about me: Married to an Egyptian for 3 years although we met in 1975. Spend half the time here, the other in London. Would enjoy meeting up and, especially (!) recommendations for a really good gym!

Hi
I would recommend Grand Gym(only for women) on Sheraton Road, is 500 a months but You get there all you need. I realy enjoy going there.

Magdalena77 wrote
Hi
I would recommend Grand Gym(only for women) on Sheraton Road, is 500 a months but You get there all you need. I realy enjoy going there.

Thanks.
Lavalla

Is there still an active Expat.com Hurghada group?

I'd like to know ASAP or I will try to make one if anyone is interested?

Bliss!
/ValuthaDerkins

Very interested in joining the group, I spend half my time in UK and half in hurghada, be nice to venture out and meet some new friends
Chantelle

ladychantelle wrote:

Very interested in joining the group, I spend half my time in UK and half in hurghada, be nice to venture out and meet some new friends
Chantelle

Hi Chantelle :)
Great! Now we only need one more to call ourselves a group :D

I am coming back to Hurghada this month (february 2019) for a short stay. I will arrive on Saturday 9th and leave again Tuesday 26th. The first few days are pretty packed, but is there any chance you'll be there too some time during these 17 days?

Anyone else want to make this potential Duo into a group by joining us?

Bliss!
/Maria

Hi Maria iam interest to do
***,Mohamad.

Moderated by Christine 5 years ago
Reason : please do not post your contact details on the forum. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Ok, well thank you for your interest Moh7800 :)
But I'm a little confused here... I'm not sure you're an expat and not sure you live in Hurghada either?

Do you still have this group.
Is it ladies only ? Lets hope so lol
I live in the intercontinental area so Hurghada is quite far for me
Anyone interested in walking, drinking, going out just for the sake of getting out of the apartment?
Go to the beach....anything to speak to another person other than hubby lol

Greetings all,

I was born in Cairo and raised in the US. I recently moved to the Red Sea area and would like to to know is the group is still active and details.

Thanks!!