Pie Crusts!

Hi All,

Does anyone know if ready-made or frozen pie crusts are available in Mauritius?  If not, I guess I will have to go the old fashioned route...but not my favorite thing to do!  ha!

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving,

Courtney  :)

If you mean pastry then you buy it frozen at supermarkets here.
If you mean frozen pies then you can buy those too.
Happy Thanksgiving :)

Hi DaisyMay!

Yes, I mean the frozen pastry/pie shell (not the entire pie).  I have looked at Intermart in Ebene and Pik N Pay in Cascavelle and can't find them.  Do you happen to know which supermarket I can find them?  :)  Thanksgiving is only a couple days away and I've sort of waited 'til the last minute!  ha! 

Thanks for your advice,

Court  :)

daisymay2 wrote:

If you mean pastry then you buy it frozen at supermarkets here.
If you mean frozen pies then you can buy those too.
Happy Thanksgiving :)

I bought some from Super U in Grand Baie. I will double check for you this afternoon and get back to you. Think they were in sheets.
Also sure I've seen it in Jumbo at Riche Terre.
I would have thought Pick'nPay would have it but maybe not!
You could try Shoprite at Trianon as well - give them a ring, I find they're very helpful.
Good luck,
Daisymay :)

I have found both sweet and savory pastry sheets - rolled up, you just have to shape them into your dish, I have found them in winners, super U and famous butchers.  As always if one place does not have them then you will usually find they are sold out everywhere but you can definitely get them.  I always keep some in my freezer.

Oops Court - went to Super U but forgot to look! I took delivery of my new car today and was pushed for time but will look tomorrow and defintiely report back tomorrow! Sorry!
Cheers
Daisymay

Thanks Daisymay!  Enjoy your new car!  ;)