Housing areas

Hi my husband and I are considering a position in Nairobi and we are tryi g to do a bit of preplanning. Can you all perhaps give us some insight to where are the safe and nice areas ion which to live?  Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks

Hello janandjohn.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

So as to make it more visible, your post has been moved to the Nairobi forum.

Hope you'll get some informations from other members soon.

Thank you,
Aurélie

depends on where youll be working consider nairobi traffic
karen,westlands,runda areas are all nice areas for exparts
karibu kenya

Hi and welcome

It also depends on whether you have children and which system (British, US) you'd like them to follow.

There are 2 good international schools in northern part of town (Runda, Gigiri, Nyari,Kitisuru) that follow the US curriculum, British schools can be found both around Karen area and up north.

It also depends on the budget. Housing here can be very expensive especially in Karen and up north (Runda and nearby) but you can't go wrong with either

Traffic as mentioned can be a pain, so it makes sense to find a home near work

-K

Hi
Anywhere between Karen and runda is good,by that i mean riara,lavington,westlands,loresho,springvalley,nyari etc.You have a choice of apartments,cottages,townhouses or standalone houses.It all depends on where you work or where your kids go to school and your budget.

Thank you all for your responses. It will help a lot to know the right areas to investigate. Hopefully it will all happen and I will have the pleasure of meeting you all.
Regards to you all
Janice:)