Invercargill

HI all,

My name is Amit. I am coming to New Zealand in Feb.2013 . I am going to study post graduate diploma in business enterprise in SIT (SOUTHERN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY) Which is in INVERCARGILL (SOUTH LAND). I wanna know about the college and jobs. PLEASE SUGGEST WHATEVER U KNOW ABOUT THE COLLEGE (SIT) AND THE CITY (INVERCARGILL).

Thanks alot in advance.
Amit

Invercargill once coined by Mick Jagger as "the a**hole of the world" the locals never really got over that and for a long time it was a bleak and boring place where one could buy a 3 bdroom house for as little as 10k.
How ever things have changed for the better. Since the introduction of SIT and a local politician Tim Shadbolt, Invercargill has turned into one of NZ's fastest growing economies. I was last there a few years back and was amazed at the differences from previous visits. Lots of cafes, bars and eating establishments and overall the place is booming. Nice to see a variety of cultures represented and a good mixture of young and old. If you're looking for a booming nightlife etc, then this isn't your ideal place however if you enjoy the outdoors the Invercargill is perfectly situated. Close to there is good fishing, river and ocean and also great ski resorts are close, Invercargill would be a good place to live these days.

As for looking for work really one of the best websites is www.trademe.co.nz it's probably the biggest website in NZ and a large proportion of jobs around the country are posted there.

kiwiinkorea wrote:

As for looking for work really one of the best websites is www.trademe.co.nz it's probably the biggest website in NZ and a large proportion of jobs around the country are posted there.

Hey bruv.. Thanks a lot 4 your reply and good suggestions....... I am really gonna b forward to this place..... Thanks a lot Bruv

Hey Kiwiinkorea(sorry dont know your real name) ,

I truly appreciate the way you advise and help new expatriate in NZ or anyone planning to come NZ. Believe me this priceless volunteering .

Please keep doing it . Thanks very much.