Living in Romania

You are living in Romania, or you used to live in Romania.

Share your experience!

How would you describe life in Romania?

Has it been complicated to settle down, to find an accommodation and a job?

Is it complicated to make friends in Romania?

What would you recommend to people who would like to live in Romania?

Thanks in advance for your participation

Hola a todos los españoles en Bucarest!!!vamos a ver.. de aquí a tres meses tenemos intención de irnos a vivir a Bucarest y queremos conocer a españoles que vivan allí para que nos hagan más fácil nuestra llegada y estancia. En fín lo típico, reuniones "typical spanish" vaya,jejeje.Saludos desde Sevilla

Hi,
When i first came to Romania it was like i went into a time tunnel and crash boom bang what a country,by the way i come from Malaysia.It was a total 360 turn in my life when i saw what my eyes could not believe since the downfall of communism its a living hell,the people here were not used to foreigners i remember vaguely how i am called by all types of names and so on starry eyes on you and worst of all was getting used to the food,the culture and so on.The people are not so open and friendly and not to be taken lightly either,the other was the gypsy races and the beggars in the streets,homeless,abused children and so on.It was real hard for me to get adapted to this country it was a sheer struggle and the corruption in unbearable,nothing is controlled in country items are being sold just like they want to put a price to it.Life is one big struggle here in Romania.
I have seen more to all this but i rest my case on this issue.

rockefella wrote:

Hi,
When i first came to Romania it was like i went into a time tunnel and crash boom bang what a country,by the way i come from Malaysia.It was a total 360 turn in my life when i saw what my eyes could not believe since the downfall of communism its a living hell,the people here were not used to foreigners i remember vaguely how i am called by all types of names and so on starry eyes on you and worst of all was getting used to the food,the culture and so on.The people are not so open and friendly and not to be taken lightly either,the other was the gypsy races and the beggars in the streets,homeless,abused children and so on.It was real hard for me to get adapted to this country it was a sheer struggle and the corruption in unbearable,nothing is controlled in country items are being sold just like they want to put a price to it.Life is one big struggle here in Romania.
I have seen more to all this but i rest my case on this issue.

:nothappy: And why do you live here if you don t like !
All over the world people are conservative and they reject foreigners, and if they accept them, it is just for using them in a way or another!
It is difference of culture, and sure Romanians are not very used with foreigners too much!

Whenever you move on to a new place, you can expect some culture shocks and you will need getting used to absolutely everything else too.

I first came to ROM in 92 and it was a different world then. They have not seen foreigners and so it was quite difficult to fit in. Fastforward to 2009 and the country has moved on so much and the people are very friendly and welcoming. HOwever, they are also looking to make a quick buck out of you if you give then a chance. So just be wary of who you are around. Otherwise, I love the country. Its definitely got its ups and down and so we ve got to be flexible to adapt inorder to sustain ourselves here. If it aint your cuppatea, then just move on to where you would be more comfy.

Cheers.