New to Istanbul

Hi everyone,

I'm moving to Istanbul on 1st March and am looking for other expats that might be able to offer some advice and friendship in my first few weeks.

Please get in touch if you can or if you're in the same situation!

Hi emilia_jane

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Hi!

I'm a native Turkish, female, 28 yrs old from İstanbul.
Don't hesitate to contact me if you need company.
Best
Duygu

Welcome,

If you need any help or advice feel free to hit me up. I always enjoy extending a helping hand to newbies.

Caterina

Thanks very much! I will definitely get in touch with you both when I arrive and am feeling very lost! :)

Hi,
I am new in istanbul.been here for 20 days now. Would love to know and meet people
AB

Hi Emilia,

I am 32 years old native Turkish, an engineer living around Beşiktaş. Please do not hesitate to contact from [email protected]

I'd be glad to help..

Have enjoy your stay :)

Hi! Emilia,
I'm Adela, Spanish woman, but I'm living here since September and I think I know how you can feel when you arrive here. I would like to keep on touch for everything you need.
Greetings,
Adela

HI,i'm Muhannad i've been here for 5 months now and i'm starting to get to know the city a little bit, not much advice to offer, but you never know.

( moderated: off topic + can you please post an advert in the section Jobs in Istanbul)

Hello all of you people, I'm software engineer, have been here in Istanbul for about one week, I would like sooo much to meet new people and have some friends. I'm having a hard time communicating with the Turkish people, it seems that no one speaks English here!
Please guys and girls if you feel like wanna meet someone who is open-minded and friendly guy then contact me! I've begin to get bored from walking around alone here.

Hello everyone i am 27  and native Turkish.I work in  private bank.You can send me message if you want meet in here.

Hi emilia!

I'm an American expat, just found this site (and consequently, your post). Hopefully you're still checking it.

Anyways I'm in a similar boat in that I'd love to meet up with some people. I've been here six months but due to work and travel haven't managed to meet many people.

If there's any advice you need on adjusting (it was a pretty big culture shock for me) hit me up :)

Cheers

the same situation you have:)

Hey dear all!

I'm looking for the people who can speak English. I live in the European side of Istanbul and you can ask me whatever you want.

Take care.

hi Emilia
welcome to Istanbul where is one of my favorite city's 
have a great time there

hey emilia - what area are you living in??

Hi emilia .I m native Turkish living in Istanbul

I'm in Istanbul now any one can help ?

hiya i used to live in london 6 months ago i came back to istanbul for good i can imagine how you feel your situation xx