Kids swimming lessons for a new arrival...

Dear All

We have literally relocated from the UK and I'm going through the period I knew I'd get from my wife of "what have we done!!"..The problem is as you'd expect familiarity.

I'm doing all I can to bring activities etc to her and my two young sons but I'm struggling with finding a swimming group similar to that back home. My son is 4 and has attended the following link  waterbabies.co.uk/ for 9 months. Started petrified but at Xmas was imitating a dolphin, confident and in the early stages of being able to swim a width.

I'm desperate to find a similar programme in Amsterdam where parent and child are in the water together and the child learns to swim through fun activities..

Really hoping someone out there can lead me to a source. My wife looked around David Lloyd but the classes were'nt great..

Any suggestions greatly appreciated..

Darren

Hello Darren,

Have you found what you were looking for? I have 1,4 year old son who swims since he was 3 month old, we stay in Thailand for the winter now where we have our private pool and he swims every day and adores this. We are planning to go to Amsterdam in Jul-Sept this year and would definitely love to continue our swimming experience

Thanks in advance :)
Olga

I'm afraid I can't help much with swimming, but if your wife wants to get in touch with someone who knows Amsterdam pretty well, as a foreigner, then she can email/message me! I'm not in NL at the moment but perhaps she might want some advice... mother to mother, woman to woman!! ;)

Hey Darren,

It all depends on exactly where you live in Amsterdam. We used to go with our kid to Sportplaza Mercator. Which is in West. They have children swimming (together with parents) on several days in the week. Teachers are normally good (not all of them though!). The only thing is that all the classes are in Dutch.

Hope it helps!

It might be also interesting for your wife to join Amsterdam Mama's, plenty of expat mothers over there that give tips and create events for the little ones!

Good luck!