Needing Help...

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry if this feels like a repost to you, but I'm in a situation that requires a little bit of help and advice.

My boyfriend and I live in Versailles, in France. He is norwegian and I'm French. So far, not an issue.

His company has its main office not far from L.A. and they want him to join their US team, probably in the beginning of the next year, or during the summer, with two of his colleagues.

They will provide him with the VISA, flat, insurance and everything, but they don't care about me not being able to follow him.

We wanna go together, but we are not married and have no intention of being so. I wouldn't mind if it was just in order to get a visa, but he doesn't feel the same way.

Please, tell me if there is any way I can join him and get a visa that would allow me to work.

I have a french college degree in Cinema, which I suppose is useless to them too. I've been working since 2008, as a receptionist mostly, as well as an production assistant or a computer seller.

My boyfriend is not sure to go if I cannot join him. I'm trying to find a way for us to move on and start this new life in L.A together.

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Hi Keaton and welcome to Expat.com!

Hope that other members will soon share their experience with you.;)

In the meantime, I invite to browse through the different threads of the forum, it help.:)

You may also download the US Expat Guide.

Fingers crossed,
Harmonie.

other than finding an employer that is willing to sponsor a visa for you, you could also think about enrolling in a university to get a masters degree or phd. depending on the field of study graduate programs in the US are cheap (with tuition waiver). not sure if cinema is one of them.