Dogs in Mauritius?

Hello all, I am a professional dog trainer in America. I am considering a move to Mauritius and I want to start a dog training business there. Does anyone know if there are many dogs that would need my services? Do many people have dogs there? Any information you could provide would be helpful. Thank you Mauritians!

-Adam

My honest opinion is that it would be a very limited venture and would have to be aimed mainly at the expat community. Attitudes towards dogs here are a million miles from what you will be used to in the U.S. Which is a shame :(

hi there,

I agree with Strawb. Even those people that do love their pets are not always willing to spend money on training them. They tend to try to do it themselves.
Maybe try to contact the police and see if they would be interested in your services on a contract basis for their police dogs?

hi Adam

have you come to the island?

please let me know

thanks
roger

I know the MSPCA run a dog training course and they always seem to be fully booked up - attitudes are changing towards dog ownership - slowly but it is changing so maybe there would be a need for more dog trainers :)