Information from families who have migrated to Belize

Hi there!

I am looking for advice and information from families who have made the choice to move to Belize.

We are very interested and are planning to go visit in about a year. I'd love to know the most recommended places to live/check out as well as any other helpful tidbits.

Thanks so much!

Dear karijunebugg my wife and are interested in moving to Belize also my choice is corzalo we have only researched but plain to go down shortly to visit. have you heard from anyone yet? I'm interested in finding what they have done to move, what it takes how much it cost. we are not looking to live on the high end only to live on railroad retirement.

thank you
Mel and Robert

Belize has six districts. Each one is very different from the other.  You should spend some time researching each one online, and then pick the ones that seem like they have what you are looking for (beach, mountains, cost of living, access to goods, housing,etc.).

If you're overwhelmed by it all, Private Message me and I can give you some other advice. Thanks! Sharon Hiebing

Hi, We moved to Belize in 2006 with our two kids age 3 and 5 back then. It would be my pleasure to give you tips on how to get things done when relocating with kids ;) I am a Canadian/Naturalized Belizean and have relocated to many different Caribbean countries more than once with our kids. It can be done and We all have no regrets making Belize our home base.. including the kids. ;)

I am set to retire next year from the montclair bd. of education.  I've been teaching 24 years and I was a licensed funeral director and city councilman prior.  I served three years in the peace corps in Togo, West Africa.  My reason for relocating revolves around my 10 year old son.  He has a learning disability and needs a more compassionate culture in order to fully enjoy his life experience.  We have traveled in the caribbean (Dominican Rep. and Mexico (Tulum) and what's not to like.  I am very interested in hearing about everything concerning Belize, particularly as it pertains to young people.  My son is a trooper and very personable.  I have explained to him my intentions and he is on board with it all.  We would prefer to settle near the beach.

Hi Alexiamalo,
I would love to meet you sometime. My husband and I, too, are Canadian. We just bought an acreage in Unitedville, and will be moving there soon. My husband is there right now for a couple of months. We are looking to meet other Canadian people/families who have moved to Belize (and particularly around Unitedville). Hopefully our paths will cross.

MariLynne