Hi! I would love to learn about life in NYC! :D

Hi y'all! I was hoping to find someone who would be willing to tell me something about life in the Big Apple! (I am planing a trip with my family, hopefully soon, :/ and I am really obsessed with the big and mighty city).

I would really like to find out something about NYC, and how is it to live in such a big city, is it cool, or maybe not good, anything about the "must see places", or museums...

:)

Hello NYC lover and welcome to Expat.com!

I hope that other members will share their experience with you soon.

Harmonie.:)

I hope that to. But they don't seem to be doing that. :)

Hi NYC Lover -

Sorry for the late response! I currently live in NYC and can hopefully answer at least some of your questions. It's a great city to live and/or visit, but there's too much to write for just one posting.

If you are planning a trip in the next few months, the weather should be great. The main tourist attractions are usually worth a day or two, but I recommend trying to see the City as a local and also checking out Queens and Brooklyn. http://www.yelp.com is a great resource for restaurant ideas. I would also recommend http://newyork.timeout.com for ideas about activities including museums and concerts.

Hope that helps a bit.  Feel free to respond with any specific questions!

Cheers
outernational

Hi There

I agree with Outernational that you should try to see the city as a local if you can. I also find nycgo.com to be a great resource.

As for life in NYC, I would be more than happy to answer specific questions about life in New York. I have a blog mynewyorkdish.com which features regular posts about ordinary daily life here, which you might find useful. Try using the 'Daily Life' category to filter out some of the non-daily life posts.

In particular, to help you with your trip planning, you could take a look at the page on my site called 'My Must Do's'. The activities on there are my favourite things to do here and tend to be less touristy and more typical hangouts of the average New Yorker.

Please feel free to email me with more specific questions as well.

Good luck with the trip planning!

Hi guys, thx for the info. I am planing a trip in March, and I really hope that I could save enough money to enjoy the stuff you suggested me! :) Thank you so much, and I think you already know that you are living in (for me) the best city.

NYC lover

Lots to do in the city. tons of restaurants, yelp.com is a great start, so is opentable.com  - do your best to stray off the tourist path, check out williamsburg in brooklyn, young hip, modern vibe. visit long island city to get some amazing views of the city.

visit central park then walk down from 57st and 5th avenue all the way to 34 street for a cool shopping experience.

Then make your way to the west side near meat packing district 14 street and west side highway. lots of bars / restaurants very cool.

Welcome

[Moderated: No free ad please]

I too am hoping to make it to NYC in the next year or so.  I'm a huge fan of Broadway and have always wanted to attend a show.  Any suggestions for buying tickets/least busy nights to go?