offered salary 700 omr
250 for house rent
car with fuel
Telephone bill

I want to know whether i can able to live properly with my wife and save a bit

thanks

Hello benpaul007.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Hope you'll get some feedbacks from other members.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Your food or utilities expenses will be around 250 (u can spend even lesser) and house u can get from 225 - 600 (2 bedroom). So rest is your saving if you don't do much hanky phanky.

benpaul007 wrote:

hi sumitran,

I have read all your post,and i'm very much satisfied with ur comments

I have got a job in oman and planning to move by nov 8 from dubai
offered salary 700 omr
250 for house rent
car with fuel
Telephone bill

I want to know whether i can able to live properly with my wife and save a bit

thanks

Hi benpaul007,

If you have already read my many responses given to queries of very similar nature as yours from others, you will have enough and more information at hand to take an informed decision.
Because my detailed previous replies have covered pretty much every single cost related facet of living here in Muscat.

Okay, so from what you've mentioned I gather that your salary is an all inclusive package of R.O. 700/month. Though not a fancy figure, it should well suffice to lead an average lifestyle sans luxuries – but only if your company provides you with furnished accommodation, inclusive of a fully fitted kitchen. Else, you are in big trouble.

If you have to invest in furnishing your house and in fitting your kitchen and on top of it pay house rent every 3 months (or every 6 months, or even 1 year's rent in advance depending on where you choose to stay) all by yourself, then you will find it extremely challenging to even make ends meet.

On the contrary, if you get a fully furnished flat and if you live on a strictly ‘save-money-mode' then you should be able to comfortably put aside about 40-50% of your monthly income as savings.

Your biggest expenditures would go on accommodation, followed by your living expenses (food) and transportation. The rest will all be incidental.

Best wishes !

Hi! My name is Jay, 28 yrs Filipino, I was hired here in Dubai for Oman, my offer salary is OR 250, please tell me how can I budget for my accomodation, food, etc..,

I am looking for a cheap small room or clean bedspace for rent..

hi sumitran,

Thank u for your valuable comments,
Actually my salary will be
700 omr+250(house rent)+car with fuel+mobile bill
company provides me a 1000 omr initially

so is it ok for a couple..!!

thanks
b

benpaul007 wrote:

hi sumitran,

Thank u for your valuable comments,
Actually my salary will be
700 omr+250(house rent)+car with fuel+mobile bill
company provides me a 1000 omr initially

so is it ok for a couple..!!

thanks
b

Hi benpaul007,

So you get R.O. 1,000/- initially to set up your home ? That's good as you'll need it.

Car with fuel is fine ... but what about the driving licence ? Read my post on the same subject here for complete details.

Best wishes !

hi sumitran,

I have took a driving license in dubai..is this ok for oman?

where is the good place to stay in muscat?

thanks

benpaul007 wrote:

hi sumitran,

I have took a driving license in dubai..is this ok for oman?

where is the good place to stay in muscat?

thanks

Hi benpaul007,

Your U.A.E. Driving Licence must've been issued at least 1 year back, and it should be valid currently.

Certain other formalities are required to be met before you could transfer your U.A.E. Driving Licence to Omani.

Refer to this Royal Oman Police (ROP) link for all the official, licence related requirements :

http://www.rop.gov.om/english/dg_traffic_newlicense.asp

Regarding your second query, a “good place” to stay in Muscat would depend entirely on how much you can afford to pay as rent.

As you are probably aware and just like it is anywhere else in the world, exclusive neighbourhoods command a premium. 

So where exactly you want to strike a balance is entirely up to you and up to your budget.

Good luck !

hi sumitran,

Im a keralite,wish to live in a good community and a good 1bhk or 2bhk flat.The rent i would like to spent is between 250-350 OMR.

Is that rent is given in advance for 1year or 6 months?
IS there any deposit?
will i get a good flat for this amount?

thanks
ben

benpaul007 wrote:

hi sumitran,

Im a keralite,wish to live in a good community and a good 1bhk or 2bhk flat.The rent i would like to spent is between 250-350 OMR.

Is that rent is given in advance for 1year or 6 months?
IS there any deposit?
will i get a good flat for this amount?

thanks
ben

Hi benpaul007,

In a good locality, for the amount that you've specified you'll only get a 1 BHK flat.

If you're willing to compromise then you may get a 2 BHK flat - but surely, neither the house nor the neighbourhood will be inviting.

If you want to bring down your rent amount / squeeze your landlord, then you can bait him by paying 1 year's rent upfront and in advance. This practice is usually adopted by companies that pay rent for their employees' accommodation.

Most landlords take post dated quarterly rent cheques from their tenants. Some do so every 6 months, while there are also some landlords who take monthly post dated cheques from their tenants - but this last benefit is extended only to those tenants who've been living in the owner's premises for a very long time.

No there's no deposit – only post dated cheques.

Good luck !

hi sumitran,

A big thanks for ur valuable comments..!!

To my final conclusion,
250 omr for food
250-300 for rent
50 for electricity
100 omr for others
car with fuel nd mobile will be paid by company nd an initial amount of 1000 omr to set-up a new living

wil it possible to bare atleat 300 omr as savings?
is it worth to move from dubai to oman with this salary?

eagerly waiting for ur reply.

thanks

benpaul007 wrote:

hi sumitran,

A big thanks for ur valuable comments..!!

To my final conclusion,
250 omr for food
250-300 for rent
50 for electricity
100 omr for others
car with fuel nd mobile will be paid by company nd an initial amount of 1000 omr to set-up a new living

wil it possible to bare atleat 300 omr as savings?
is it worth to move from dubai to oman with this salary?

eagerly waiting for ur reply.

thanks

Hi benpaul007,

R.O. 250/- per month towards food expenses for 2 is on the higher side. For an average Indian / South-India diet, it should not cost more than say about R.O. 150 / month.

R.O. 250/- to R.O. 300/- would be just the monthly rent for a 1 BHK apartment excluding the one-time furnishing expenses.

Electricity Bill per month won't go over R.O. 20/- for a 1 BHK apartment. Add another about R.O. 20/- per month for Water. (Not more than R.O. 10/- per month actually).

For ‘others' it will be as much, or as little as you would wish.

Yes, ideally you should be in a position to save even more than the figure quoted by you.

Only you can answer whether it is worthwhile to move or not, as you only know about your current situation, earnings and savings potential, etc.

Best of luck !

HI

I am an Indian working in Dubai and I am an IT professional earning 10k dhs in Dubai.

I have been offered 1300 R.O for a job in OMan, Please advice me whether this is a good and standard salary for an IT guy with 7 years of experience.

Also, I have not been provided with any other additional benifits other than 15 accomodation for just 15 days.

Please advice, I will not spend very luxury life and do only moderate expenses.

How much is the accomodation expenses in a studio flat or sharing accomodation.

Regards
Dorai

Dorairaj wrote:

HI

I am an Indian working in Dubai and I am an IT professional earning 10k dhs in Dubai.

I have been offered 1300 R.O for a job in OMan, Please advice me whether this is a good and standard salary for an IT guy with 7 years of experience.

Also, I have not been provided with any other additional benifits other than 15 accomodation for just 15 days.

Please advice, I will not spend very luxury life and do only moderate expenses.

How much is the accomodation expenses in a studio flat or sharing accomodation.

Regards
Dorai

Hi Dorai,

Salary seems okay (for a single person), but what do you mean by no other benefits ?

Am sure you will be given medical cover plus annual paid holiday, with return airfare at least, since these are mandatory.

Rent for a studio apartment and sharing accommodation would depend based on the property's location. You must of course consider proximity to your place of work.

Studio apartments would cost you more, plus you would have to furnish them and equip the kitchen which could prove to be rather costly.

A ballpark rent figure for sharing accommodation would be in the region of about R.O. 80/- to about R.O. 120/- per month. I am told that sharing accommodation is available for even rents as low as R.O. 40/- per month, but you can well imagine what the living conditions would be like.

Oman is cheaper when it comes to the cost of living and house rent as well, when compared to Dubai. Therefore your saving potential in Oman should be much higher than what you may have experienced in Dubai.

Best Wishes !

Hi , Thanks for your reply

The basic benifits like Medical and Annual Tickets are provided.
Apart from that, there is no accomodation, transport, school fees and Visa and ticket for family.

I hope with this Figure, we can lead a bachelor life and save some money.

Lets hope for the best!!!..
Thanks again

hi iam  phil.

I AM CURRENTLY working in  doha Qatar, my company will transfer me to Muscat  Oman on dec,
i wish to know if my salary will compensate the cost of living there in oman
salay 15,000 QAR   plus  car and fuel  with free  small apartment maybe 2 rooms

ND I AM ALONE  AS FOR NAW ....

I would like to add a word out here.

Whoever is willing to have information on the cost of living, you should mention the Designation / Post of the job which has been offered to you so that it can be suggested to whether the offered salay meets the market or not.

Just a thought to share.

Hello

i am about to move to Muscat. i got an offer of 1000 OMR all inculsive package.

i need to know whether this is enough for a married couple with 2 kids.

thanks alot for your reply and response.

could anyone separate the expenses per/items.

the job post is regarding medical devices field.

Congrates and welcome, Please go through the enromous threads posted already to get the reply.  This question and related info are repeated many times.

I got offer for sales engineer position from Oman for R.O 500 + Furnished Accommodation + Company Car with fuel + Medical etc.
I have experience of 8 yrs.
Anyone Please suggest that above offer is worth able for family of husband and wife.

HI VIJAY HOW ARE YOU
I see your message i think you can wait.for better offer
This 500 you basic salary.what about other benifit. any thing is there atlest if you ar gain more 250 rial its ok.other wise you must be 750rial your basic.

syed

Hi Friends,
I am expecting a offer (verbal already) of $100,000 USA which should be some 3,200 local currenc Is this a low/medium/good or great salary.
Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Regards / G

gaurangp wrote:

Hi Friends,
I am expecting a offer (verbal already) of $100,000 USA which should be some 3,200 local currenc Is this a low/medium/good or great salary.
Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Regards / G

Hi G,

Check your numbers.

They are incorrect.

$ US 100,000 yearly, which should be around 38505 OMR, WHERE AM I WRONG, KINDLY HELP.

gaurangp wrote:

$ US 100,000 yearly, which should be around 38505 OMR, WHERE AM I WRONG, KINDLY HELP.

Hi G,

In your first post, you did not specify that this is a per annum figure. You have now.

It is a medium to good salary.

A great salary would be this amount per month, and not per annum.

3,000 OMR is very good salary but you are the best judge to determine how good it is for  you.

Hi Friend,

I have get offer for OMR 700 per month. I am working in MNC company in india as finance executive with M.com, MBA & 8 year experience. company will not provided accoumodation in oman. let me know cost of living exp in Oman for couple

1. Rent 1 BHK standard funished
2. food exp
3. light bill
4. Water bill
5. cable charges
6. Transport
7. others etc.

Should I accept proposal and what will be saving for this salary?

hii
   i m from india .. one reputed company offered to my husband 3000 usd  in oman, without accommodation , car, laptop n phone.. so i want to know that is it good to stay in oman in 3000 usd for two person  without include all that things... and how much can i expect to save?

It all depends your life style, I guess. But, for two persons, that is not too much considering that you have nothing included in your husband's offer. I suggest that you go there (maybe he goes first), and see how things are. If you can have a job (even for a lower wage) then, things should be correct, and you could save around 1000$.

Hi My husband has been offered a salary of 2700 OMR per month in a reputed bank along with other benefits such as
Family medical   
Life Insurance coverage   
Loan scheme   
Annual leave 26 working days   
One time Furnishing allowance of OMR 5000/- payable upon joining as per HR Policy.   
Annual Club Membership upto OMR300/- per anum as per HR policy   
Credit card   
Performance bonus.

We are a family of three ( our son is in grade 1).

Wanted to know whether this is a decent offer, as our placement consultant had indicated that this particular role has an eligibility of 4000 OMR per month.

Regards,

Megmat

:)

The salary offer would depend on your husband's experience.
You could approach the employer with a counter offer. Or get the consultant to do it on your behalf.

Try this website to give you an idea for cost of living. www.numbeo.com

Dear Husain
Thank for the info shared.

I have offered  basic 350 OMR +100 Omr for rent + medical.
In india m getting around 25-28k /month.
Is it worth to work in oman for 350 omr?

will i be able to save out of 350 omr?
What is the avg cost for furnished flat with kitchen on sharing basis?

Regards
Harish

Hi,please can you help me tto,with you coments???
I got job offer from muscat company name is Darran  llc. They appoint me as an event organizer. I just completed my masters from Germany ..and they offer my this "terms and condition"
Basic salary= 200 OR
Transport allowance= 100 OR
Accommodation allowance = 100or
incentive=300
Total= 700 OR
....Can somebody tell me,are this 700or money on hand or not? amin which part is money on hand from my salary?

Hi Alisa,
I Think your offered salary is on lower side.
Major draw back is out of 700 omr, 300 omr is your incentive ,
you cannot include incentive as granted .

If possible negotiate with your company or wait for better offer.
I have consulted many of my friends who are staying in oman .
They have given break up of the min expense occurring in muscat.

100 omr for Shared Accommodation, may increase for well furnished flat
30 to 50 OMR for Gas , Electricity & Water Bill .
125-150 OMR for food expense.
75-100 omr for consumable products like soap, paste,deo etc

I have also received an offer of around
Basic 400 OMR + car + Medical + phone bill .
i have not yet accepted the offer & negotiating for 500 Omr.

Hi could anyone explain the concept of 14th month pay (When is this paid?)

14th Month payment is considered as a yearly "Bonus", that is not less than 1 and a half of the basic salary. Depending upon the size and growth of organizations, the Bonus is granted. However, unfortunately there are alot of companies where there's no Bonus plans too.

Hi i got a job offer as an electrical engineer in oman salary offerd 500omr with furnished shared accomodation now i m in india getting 15000 inr in hand is it good  to go ahead

sana121 wrote:

Hi i got a job offer as an electrical engineer in oman salary offerd 500omr with furnished shared accomodation now i m in india getting 15000 inr in hand is it good  to go ahead

Do you really feel 500 OMR is worth for being an Engineer ??