Women in KSA

Hi everyone,

I'm a South African woman looking to move to Riyadh and teach in a school there.  I have made an application and now and waiting for the school to approve - :) lets hope. 

I would like people to let me know about any information you think might be useful for me to understand the society I am potentially moving to.  Living in South Africa has afforded a lifestyle which is going to change substantially. 

Any women who think they have some need-to-know information, please pass it on.  Tell me about your experiences.  I want to know so that I can have an idea of what it might be like.

Hope to hear from you soon!
Catherine

Hi Catherine,

Well frankly speaking it depends how spoiled you have been yet....lol
just kidding,actually,Living in Riyadh is not a easy task but what i have realized ,u may get compound accommodation,which helps ya to get good quality life and you will surely earn well.The fact is when u r earning good and ya got hefty amount to spend on brands and then party every weekend[indoor] it won't be too bad.In fact one day ya would start loving the peace of this city:)

Nonz

Cath,

Do take a peek at this FB link that my wife has created for Horizon International School in Riyadh which she manages:-

http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=horiz … 9588713..1

The school is expanding due to massive demand for English education from Saudi families next semester since the local authorities have removed the ban on saudi kids attending Arabic language schools only.

You may want to contact her and discuss with her your prospects of working with the school as I am aware they will need more academic staff for both the male and female sections.

I hope r-m give's us someinput here as well :P

Hi! I'm a woman doctor who will soon be living and working in Ryadh. It's my first time to work abroad and I just want to know the do's and don'ts of living in ryadh especially as a woman. Thanks.

olympus a l'air interessé https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 6207#49441 (gardons un oeil sur lui)

Nothing is easy anywhere on the planet. You gotta make the choice to come and live here and make the best of it. Only you can make yourself happy wherever you may be.

good to see you

hi cath,
r u now in KSA?
did u get the teaching job? any luck with HORIZON INTL SCHOOL?
i am a teacher in Toronto looking to move to KSA with my husband and three kids - he will have a job before we move. can u pls provide any help re: teaching jobs? any good headhunters / recruitment firms known to u?
thx
sharmeen

Heres the Horiaon Int School FB page.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pag … 745?ref=ts

Thx for the FB link. i take it your wife is still teaching there. to whom should i apply to @ Horizon Intl School? do they have a website?
Appreciate any help. thx

Yes, she manages the KG Section which has about 300 students. The Grades have around 500.

email them at [email protected]

thx.
that's a good starting point. i will forward my Resume and wait to hear from them. Coincidentally i also have been working as a KG school teacher at an Islamic school in Toronto for 3.5 years now. Before this i worked outside of Canada for an English medium school for over 4 years. Currently, i am also completing my ECE (Early Childhood Education) diploma at Centennial College here.
thx again for your guidance.

yw, the FB link should give you an idea of the many activities that the school is carrying on. they need more KG teachers for the new semester starting Sep 2010 since there is a peak in school admissions as we speak.

everything will go fine, don't worry

Musicman,
Thx for the facebook page. I got to look at it. Indeed lots of students and as you said the numbers are growing which  may lead to teaching positions. I would really appreciate if you could provide me an email address for the Principal Mr. Mohammad Gaith so that I can directly send him my Resume. If not possible to get an e-mail address, then a fax application can be sent from Toronto. Please assist. Thx.

Hi  There

I am from the states from the North West if and when you arrive let me know.

looking forward to hearing from you

also for any help you can contact me

also for any help you can contact me

How NICE!  Khalid is offering twalker help.  Lovely of you, Khalid :)

i am looking for nice and affordable school for my children class one and KG any suggestion would highly be appreciated

Thanks

Abdullahkhalil wrote:

i am looking for nice and affordable school for my children class one and KG any suggestion would highly be appreciated

Thanks

What has Schooling for your kids have to do with the Women at KSA ??

BTW, this thread is almost 4 years old.

ok you join me at skype khalilpalh i will let u know

Abdullahkhalil wrote:

LOL  yeah, join him, saimans :P

Alliecat wrote:
Abdullahkhalil wrote:

LOL  yeah, join him, saimans :P

Lol... NOOOOOOOOOOOO :o

Alliecat ;)

I'm a saudi female here I have 2 tips for you 1 wear abaya 2 don't go with male companion into regluar restaurants go somewhere fancy where u will not be bothered that's it ! Your covered don't listen to any crazy storey u hear u can lead a normal life walking going to parks shooping if u need any help I'm here