Pets in Addis Ababa

Hi,

Does anyone know regarding pets available in Addis that someone can have at home?

Is it safe to have pets there?

It is no problem to live with pets in Addis. You can get easy dog and cat here. Only you should take care for vaccination. This is also possible here by some vet.

We live here with cat and dog. The cat we brought from abroad, the dog is ethiopian.

Best regards
Thorsten

Thanks Thorsten,

Do you know how much approx does it cost to but a cat / dog / parrot from Addis and where can we buy them from?

It ist usually not expensive to get an dog or a cat. You can ask elseone if you arrive here. Usually you get the young animals for less or for nothing. About parrots I donŽt know. But you can also ask a local vet.
By the way you can get dogfood easily, quality catfood is difficult to get or very expensive. Other animalfood, e. g. for parrots I havnŽt seen so far in the shops.
May you can import it if you are on status of a diplomat. Work permit for spouse is difficult or unimpossible - may you ask your embassy.
regards
Thorsten

Thanks Thoresn for the useful infor.

no dear unfortunately I didn't and I had to bring my pet from outside the country.

Closed