Teachers in international schools?

Hello,

I am wondering if there are many teachers who are or have worked in international schools and whether they could share there experiences there. Also wondering whether you had heard of organisations that help you find teaching jobs abroad such as Teach Away, Teacherhorizons, Search Associates etc.

Thanks,

Sunil

Hi Sunil!

Maybe choosing a destination could make your search easier.

Regards
Armand

Thanks Armand. But I didn't want to focus on just one country but rather a popular continent of international teachers.  I thought middle east was a great place to start.

Sunil

hi. i would say do your research first about where you want to go. i found that seriousteachers.com a very good site
good luck, am in doha if you want any info

[Moderated]

Go to TES website and choose international jobs - I know my school (in Qatar) advertises on there - then around January goes to London to interview and also interviews on skype.  Read the threads on international schools as there can be some clues into what problems etc you might come across - biggest thing you need to be adaptable - you may apply to a 'British school' with a British curriculum - BUT you will not be teaching British children and you will not be moving to a little piece of Britain - if you accept that ... and that this side of the world what we would term 'normal' might not be what happens.  If you are able to relax and go with the flow to a certain extent -(things dont happen quick here - there are different attitudes what you consider important and a professional way of doing things might not be whats considered that way here.)  But there are lots of rewards to teaching out here - it can be a little crazier but - I know in my school - pay is good, non contact time is bigger, accomodation is great, commmunity of teachers is friendly and varied, holidays are plentiful and used for world wide travel and its great for my young kids where I am